(Topic ID: 182616)

Williams Double Play Pitch & Bat (Value?) & Questions

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I just took a Williams Double Play EM Baseball game in on trade and I was just wondering what it would be worth as a project machine and what it would be worth working 100% It appears to be a fairly rare machine so it is likely worth my time to get it working 100% before I sell it but as busy as I have been I just don't know when I might have time to get into it.

Condition playfield is really very nice for its age, the 4 double play red things are not broken or missing, cabinet is maybe a 6 or 7 and backglass is about the same as the cabinet with some paint loss & flaking. Currently score motor just keeps running and that is as far as I have gotten so far.

Thanks,
    Skip

#2 7 years ago

Skip,

I have a Double Play awaiting restoration myself. Not many sales records on this one. I did see a dreamy one sell for around 3k about 4 years ago. I have seen more black accented cabinets then blue accented ones. The later run in the series has an engineering fix to help in work better in which they added a 'double play' relay.

Not sure if all this rambling helps but i would keep it to restore.

Mike V

#3 7 years ago

I've got one as well, and it is rare. It is also a difficult game to get working right due to the cups. Good luck!

#4 7 years ago

So far what I know about this one is score motor keeps running, it keeps taking credits off the replay unit until that is drained of credits and score motor continues to run, and one coil is always energized in the backbox on the strike & inning stepper (if I am remembering the name of that stepper correctly).

I just got the machine around noon today and I have already pulled out the relay board and checked EVERY contact on every relay - stepper - etc to see if normally closed is closed & normally open is open. Now I have to run and pick up a stupid EM Shuffle Alley so I am done for the day. But without schematics I am kind of at a loss. Score reels zero themselves out fine but I have not pulled them and checked them yet as far as PCB goes.

Mine is the cabinet with black trim, I would rate the cabinet & backglass around a 6 or 6.5 but the playfield is super nice overall and machine appears to be mostly unmolested so it will be a good starting point for someone. I don't have space to keep it long term but I love the double play idea.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

So far what I know about this one is score motor keeps running, it keeps taking credits off the replay unit until that is drained of credits and score motor continues to run, and one coil is always energized in the backbox on the strike & inning stepper (if I am remembering the name of that stepper correctly).
    I just got the machine around noon today and I have already pulled out the relay board and checked EVERY contact on every relay - stepper - etc to see if normally closed is closed & normally open is open. Now I have to run and pick up a stupid EM Shuffle Alley so I am done for the day. But without schematics I am kind of at a loss. Score reels zero themselves out fine but I have not pulled them and checked them yet as far as PCB goes.
    Mine is the cabinet with black trim, I would rate the cabinet & backglass around a 6 or 6.5 but the playfield is super nice overall and machine appears to be mostly unmolested so it will be a good starting point for someone. I don't have space to keep it long term but I love the double play idea.

Post some pics please! I always love seeing what others people's game looks like. Mine has been in the basement of my grandmas since the late 60s. Almost HUO

#6 7 years ago

I am planning on posting some pictures at some point but I just have not had time to mess with that type stuff with everything else I have going on. Maybe in a day or two!

-Skip-

#7 7 years ago

put a AS-IS price on it and see if anyone bites

#8 7 years ago

I just posted it in the Marketplace (under other since it is not a pinball machine and I can't post it under pinball machine).

#9 7 years ago

Hi guys. You can check out the gallery of pics I took of this machine. Skip, if it helps save you time, feel free to use them to update your ad.

https://klovimg.com/album/5J9

#10 7 years ago

Bump for more information!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-double-play-pitch-bat-value-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.