Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm working on a Williams Doozie. Everything is now working EXCEPT the trough switch will not cause an advance in ball number or send the ball to the shooter lane. If I manually close the trough switch and close the trough relay then everything functions as it should. When the ball drains and closes the trough switch again nothing happens. I've been through it and stared at the schematics for too long. Please someone give me some help as where to look next.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

. If I manually close the trough switch and close the trough relay then everything functions as it should. When the ball drains and closes the trough switch again nothing happens.

Do you mean that you manually close the trough SW and it all works, or manually close the Tough SW and manually close the Trough RE?
If the first is true, then it is SW adjustment and clean.

#3 9 years ago

If the trough switch is manually closed and the trough relay is manually operated the ball return coil will fire. Now, if the trough switch is closed and any 10 point score is made the trough relay will operated on its own and the ball return coil will fire. There is a bent, maladjusted switch somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.

#4 9 years ago

Do you have a PDF version of the schematic? It may be a Jones plug connection. But i need a schematic to help you.

#5 9 years ago

The Trough relay is not what you are dealing with. That is related to the ball gate up top and the roll over switch in the ball shooter lane.

You want "Outhole Re." Power for the outhole switch first comes from a normally closed switch on the index cam on the score motor (wire color R-B). That same switch also powers all three score relays hold circuit which apparently creates another path to pull in the outhole relay as long as you score something. If only 10 points allows the outhole to work, then that tells me that your 1 point and 100 point EOS switches on the score drum assemblies are either open, dirty, or broken blades. These problems will only cause "short" pulses from things on the playfield that might result in the score reel not fully advancing when a target is hit very quickly.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

You want "Outhole Re." Power for the outhole switch first comes from a normally closed switch on the index cam on the score motor (wire color R-B). That same switch also powers all three score relays hold circuit which apparently creates another path to pull in the outhole relay as long as you score something.

I went back into the switches on the score motor. The n/c switch with wire R-B was in adjusted incorrectly. After finding the issue I can't believe I missed it. That's what a fresh set of eyes can do. Now for several small adjustments, a bunch of new bulbs and clean/adjust the score reels. Thanks Again Cactus Jack!

#7 9 years ago

Good to hear, it is amazing how a new pair of eye can help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-doozie-trough-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.