8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by oldtowner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Hi Ryan (and Mk1Mod0 - and all interested Pinsiders) .... The backglass was "officially" propped up so that I could photograph it. The plan is to make a paper copy (and set it behind glass) to use in the game while I get around to restoring the original. It's somewhat colour faded, most obvious with the yellow. I'm intending to try some yellow bulbs behind the title and maybe one other area. The damaged area at the base will be painted in, matched as best I can. I'm some way into the 'paper copy' scheme, having touched up the scan in Photoshop and got it printed at the correct size. I had two copies made, on cheap thinnish paper to help translucency. The second copy was to cut as a stencil guide. I then used this to cut a mask (very thin card) which will sit behind the paper copy to mask light from the opaque areas. All will become clear in one of the videos. I've also had the new glass cut. The final touches to the copy will happen when I'm further along with the other requirements.

The lightboard was cleaned with SimpleGreen and a microfibre cloth. Might have used a green scourer in places. The lovely beige-y-flesh-y-pinkish (tan?) shooter housing is (invisibly) repaired and awaiting placement when this whole project comes close to finishing. At present I'm also still working on my Gottlieb Flipper Parade (very playable now, mostly lots of switch cleaning to do - videos are on youtube linked from my thread on Pinside's 'Restorations' section).

So - this one is coming along gradually, and I'll post short videos here as I progress - and maybe cross-thread in 'Restorations"? Next one will show playfield condition, and the innards.

Dictionary: "Doozie: definition, Also, doozer [doo-zer] /ˈdu zər/. Something that is extraordinary or outstanding of its kind". Well not yet, but maybe one day if I can get all the dirt off!

1 month later
#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the nudge, Ryan! I've done some cabinet work and it plays just about 100%. Lots still to do, in between beautifying my Flipper Parade etc. Latest video here:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-doozie-1968-needs-work?tu=oldtowner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.