(Topic ID: 58514)

Williams Disco Fever flippers working in game over mode??

By Jive

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jive
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldiewag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Had a similar problem a while back with a World Cup (same era) where the left pop bumper stayed energized and fried itself. Ended up replacing both transistors to that solenoid (the TIP and the 4401) on the driver board and got it to work. I recommend checking those transistors if you haven't done so already.

Link to my post: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-williams-system-3-world-cup-not-playing

#10 10 years ago

#33 is the switch readout number looking at the manual. The solenoid in question should be #17 on 2J12 and the associated transistors are q2 and q1 if I read the manual correctly online. I would start with the transistors at q2 which should be the tip120 and q1 the tn4401.

Edit: Looks like the Disco Fever manual calls it 2P12 and pin 7 is the left jet bumper (#17), while the schematic refers to it as 2J12 still pin 7.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldiewag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-disco-fever-flippers-working-in-game-over-mode?tu=goldiewag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.