6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, I have something here I don't understand.

I turned my Disco Fever on the other day and it booted into the audits mode and then just started cycling through all of the audit settings starting at 1. I noticed the auto switch was up in the auto mode. When I put it down to manual, and hit the advance button, the cycling stopped.

Almost accidentally, I checked the cmos batteries and they were dead. I replaced the batteries and the problem went away. I verified it again by pulling the battery and the machine boots to audits mode and begins cycling through them.

Anyone know why:
    1. Machine boots to audit mode when there is no battery?

2. Why machine starts cycling through the audit numbers?

Thanks,

Bill

#2 6 years ago

That's all normal for that system

#3 6 years ago

I'll have to look at the schematic again. I thought the only thing the battery did was supply power to the 5101 when the power is off. Not sure how dead battery would cause any of that behavior.

#4 6 years ago

That's the way it's programmed. If the code detects that the cmos ram is corrupted, it'll reset it and then boot in audit mode

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-disco-fever-dead-battery-machine-boots-to-audits-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.