• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
16301161226475935338201821832685 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Having a problem with my Dipsy Doodle. When you press the start button, a game will start and the ball count resets to ball 1 during the startup. It will then switch to bail 2 and eject the ball. You can play a game and it appears to play fine. When you start another game the same thing happens.

I've been looking at the schematics and I'm decent at reading them, but I'm unable to figure out what could cause the ball count to jump from ball 1 to ball 2 during startup.

I've attached a photo of some of the schematics.
Thank you

16301161226475935338201821832685 (resized).jpg16301161226475935338201821832685 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Check if the ball index relay closes right after the machine resets. Also check the switches on this relay for a closed normally open switch.

#3 2 years ago

Are any points scored before the swich to ball 2?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Are any points scored before the swich to ball 2?

No points scored.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Check if the ball index relay closes right after the machine resets

#6 2 years ago

The problem might be on the tilt relay. Check for a grey-BLU wire on the tilt relay switches. The switch blade that it’s soldered to should not be touching the long blade ( keeping the ball index relay pulled in ) adjust blade that it connects when the relay closes.

#7 2 years ago

Check if the ball index relay closes right after the machine resets. Also check the switches on this relay for a closed normally open switch.

pinballdaveh It closes, then quickly opens and closes again.

The tilt wiring and contacts are all good.

#8 2 years ago

When bonzo71 asked if any points were scored because each scoring relay has a normally open switch that when closed pulls in the ball index relay. Check for a closed or shorted switch on the scoring relays.

#9 2 years ago

When bonzo71 asked if any points were scored because each scoring relay has a normally open switch that when closed pulls in the ball index relay. Check for a closed or shorted switch on the scoring relays.

The score stays at zero. All the bells work and I don't hear any bells at the start of the game.

#10 2 years ago

Check if the ball index relay closes right after the machine resets

Quoted from daly124:

@pinballdaveh It closes, then quickly opens and closes again.

Which one of these 4 switches/relays is closing and causing the Ball Indes relay to close?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11 2 years ago

I got it working. One contact on the ball index relay was staying closed when I should have been opening. I believe it's the ball index relay wire going to the outhole relay. Thank you again for the suggestions, it helped me narrow it down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-dipsy-doodle-starts-at-second-ball?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.