• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by miatamel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi--
Complete pinball illiterate here--just that we have a vintage machine in our room and we are trying to find out some info about it to potentially sell.

We bought it from our elderly neighbor 7 years ago and understood to be the second owner. We thought he said it was a 1965 or 66 but upon googling it seems as if 1968 was the earlier they made these. All the paperwork--manual and schematics--is there but we cannot seem to find a date anywhere on the machine. Can someone tell us where to look (if there is one?) to know what year machine we have?

Thanks so much!

#3 7 years ago

Yeah, I saw that page but am I missing where to find the actual date of the machine? Or does that mean they were only made in '68 and so that's the date? (I don't mean to be ignorant but this is our one and only and I am flying blind here)

#4 7 years ago

No worries. To my knowledge they made the machines in one run then switched the line to another machine. So I would think they only made them that year. My newer machines have a date stamped on the side on the playfield.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from miatamel:

Yeah, I saw that page but am I missing where to find the actual date of the machine? Or does that mean they were only made in '68 and so that's the date? (I don't mean to be ignorant but this is our one and only and I am flying blind here)

Yeah, that would be the starting date. Weird that it included the day - most entries do not. As for your particular machine, there is no way to tell on games this old, they didn't start putting the date that particular machine was made on until much much later.

#6 7 years ago

Thank y'all. Do y'all know what I need to do now to determine it's worth?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ding-dong-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.