• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ddd (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YippieKiYay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm working on a Diner that neither both the Ramp Down 02A and Babs Flash 02C work. I'm also having an additional strange issue with solenoid 07A Knocker that when activated in the diagnostics it stays locked on even if you shut the machine off and then back on. If you let it sit for a while maybe it will reset and not be locked on. I read that U10 PIA controls sounds and solenoids drives. Looking at the schematics, I just don't see what controls transistors Q22,23,2425,30,31,32&33. I just see where the 74LS374 at U28 has something to do with "driving" these transistors.

I just can't figure it out, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank

Rick

#3 3 years ago

Grumpy, what do you advise? I did install my Leon Test Rom in U27 and checked the outputs of the PIA's pins 2-17 and all that were supposed to where toggling between 0 and 5 volts. I realize not all do this, there's a couple of exceptions like U38. I'd be interested to hear what you advise?
Thanks

#6 3 years ago

I will try this and report back.
Thanks!

#7 3 years ago

Logic tester in hand and here's what I found:

Game Rom installed, Solenoid diagnostics enabled and set "manually" to test 2A Ramp Down. The result is that U20 pin 13 is high. Pin 12 of U20 is low and pulses high, U20 pin 11 pulses high and same pulsing high at the base of Q21.

Hopefully this helps. Anything else I need to check please let me know and I"ll report back with the results.

#9 3 years ago

On the base of Q25 with solenoid test 2A running I get a low with high pulses. When I check pin 3 of 1J11 I get a high.

#10 3 years ago

Turns out Q25 was defective. I replaced it with a TIP102 and we're back up and running again. I still need to check why the knocker appeared to be locking on but will report back with what I found.
Thanks Grumpy for the advice and guidance. Very much appreciated!

#11 3 years ago

Update on the knocker being locked on. Turns out the coil wrapper at the very bottom had the windings ever so slightly exposed. One of the windings was protruding a bit past the actual body and if you look really closely it was burnt right where it came in contact with the back plane that's obviously grounded. So turn the game on and the coil was grounded with power to it and it fired and stayed on until it took out the fuse or power quickly shut back off. The connector to the knocker was disconnected when I got the game, I incorrectly assumed it was because someone didn't want the "noise".

Thanks for all the help Grumpy. Now onto getting it shopped and looking/playing great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YippieKiYay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-diner-system-11c-tech-help-please?tu=YippieKiYay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.