Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by toberlindacher
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 15 days ago

I have a Diner that has the shooter lane and the Ball Trough #2 that register together when either one is activated. I have continuity between the WHT-BLU and WHT-YEL circuit. I have looked very closely at the switch matrix and at the wiring. I have tested the diodes and installed a new shooter lane switch and diode. I can't seem to find the error. The symptom in the game is that when a ball is locked, the trough will eject two balls. Thanks for your help.

#2 15 days ago

Update: When I unplug the connector from the main pcb, the short goes away. Looks like I most likely have a board issue. Any ideas where to start looking?

#3 14 days ago

Update 2: The short goes away from the playfield switches when I unplug the connectors from the interconnect pcb. I think the short might be on that pcb or in a connector. I'm going to start plugging in connectors one by one until the short returns and that should give me some direction.

#4 14 days ago

The short is only present when I plug 2J18 which comes from the playfield switches to the interconnect pcb. I guess this means the issue is at the interconnect pcb?? Little help here....

#5 14 days ago

Figured it out! Traced the damn thing all the way to the switches for the coin slots. There's a short on the coin door which are part of that particular switch matrix area. I cut the wires on one of the switches and the short disappeared. I was wrong ealier after I tested the connector to the playfield not hooked up and the short remained. Anyway, its fixed. Ha!

#6 14 days ago

Glad we were here to help.

#7 14 days ago

lol...That's what I was thinking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sainte Madeleine, QC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside