Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi have some one can tell me if I remove the original mylar with freeze , do I will remove the artwork ?

#2 3 years ago

Most likely, can count on artwork or insert decals to come off ...
Is this original Mylar on the playfield or Mylar around the pops
I've has successfully done Mylar removal on some games however not on others

#3 3 years ago

I would suggest avoiding mylar removal, especially on system 11 games. It is very likely that you will remove the insert artwork. On diner, that's much more difficult to replace than on other games with just text on the inserts.

#4 3 years ago

I removed mylar from my Diner with zero issues using freeze spray. If it is bubbled or lifting, I would pull it. Just my opinion. Mine is not a diamond plate either.

#5 3 years ago

In my experience System 11's are tough. I don't think I've done one where i didn't lose at least some insert art. I have also had 2 system 11's over the years where the playfield was badly damaged due to botched mylar removal. Not worth the risk unless you are capable of doing the restore.

#6 3 years ago

Thank Tomass , I love to live dangerously , I will try to remove with freeze , I already try on a Data East Simpsons , and I can tell you to do not try

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pit3239:

Thank Tomass , I love to live dangerously , I will try to remove with freeze , I already try on a Data East Simpsons , and I can tell you to do not try

I have actually done a couple sys 11s without issue. My best practice is to blast the full piece you are about to remove first. Then blast the part where you plan on lifting an edge. Then keep blasting larger areas than you pull at a time without forcing anything. If it has resistance blast again and make sure it is not actually frozen in place. Sometimes wait a couple seconds and the resistance goes away.

#8 3 years ago

I think
Freeze works well.

I’d also say that I think some who have issues w art coming up are too hasty in removing. They pull too fast.

Let the freeze do it’s job. Some
Pull the Mylar so
Much.

#9 3 years ago

yes mylar will come off but have fun getting all the glue off the playfield. From personal experience, just leave the mylar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
PinSound

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-dider-mylar-remove- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.