(Topic ID: 55382)

Williams Derby Day #6 Horse wins every time.

By JDCycle

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JDCycle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help.jpg
Williams_derby_day_3.JPG
Williams_derby_day_2.JPG
Williams_derby_day.JPG

#1 8 years ago

1967 Derby Day has an animated backglass with horses in race. #6 horse will advance to the end when switches activate it. I can see the release relay pulse as the score motor attempts to release the #6 relay but something keeps the relay pulled in. Any thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

Bet on #6.

Get schematic out and see what set of points all have to be closed to keep relay in, then check each of those what pulls them in. Work your way back and figure what is closed that should be open.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Get your mates around to bet on the horses. You will clean up!

#4 8 years ago

I have and am still reading the schematic trying to figure with no luck so far. I see 4 possible switches and none of them seem to be the cause. Thanks for responding.

#5 8 years ago

shootar, I think quickly they will suspect foul play and I will end up walking naked in some far away place!

#6 8 years ago

I have just finished Hayburners and had the same experience with the #3 horse- turned out to be a weak pop bumper spring/ misaligned switch stack. It was so frustratating- the game would be normal with the playfield propped up but when I layed the field down- the weak spring allowed the to #3 to make and the horse just ran forward- dumb luck that I found it- but maybe your situation is similar-

#7 8 years ago

Check into these

Williams_derby_day.JPG Williams_derby_day_2.JPG Williams_derby_day_3.JPG

#8 8 years ago

Check #6 target SW and SW on #6 Re with White/ brown and White/green wires.

If either of these SW are stuck closed, house 6 will advance when the same SW is closed on both House 2 or 4. EG if target 6 SW is stuck closed, then when you hit target 2 or 4 then that house and house 6 will advance.

Help.jpg

#9 8 years ago

It was the switch on the score motor. thanks all for helping.

#10 8 years ago

Was the switch staying closed?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Was the switch staying closed?

It's nice to have the solution stated, it will help someone else in the future.

#12 8 years ago

Sorry- I was just looking for clarification as to the issue with the switch at the score motor (not opening/ damaged switch/ broken contact-wire)

Having had a similar issue with an animated feature of a game- if the issue comes up again I'd have another place to look.

#13 8 years ago

The switch just needed a little more tension when closed to make proper contact. Now working fine.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside