Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by eabundy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Hello, I have a Williams Demolition Man machine and none of the flasher lamps are working. I have checked all lamps and fuses and connections. I am at a loss. Game plays fine and nothing comes up in test.
Can anyone tell me what to try next?????

#2 14 years ago

It could be the LM339 op amp/comparator or the 74LS74 IC has gone bad in the driver circuit for those flashers.

I know some people here own a DM ... other ideas folks ?

#3 14 years ago

OK, i'm ok at these but not real good. that is not english to me. Sorry

#4 14 years ago

OK, found both on the Diagrams. Not sure how to check them though. I appreciate your help.

#5 14 years ago

Well this looks like I might have to send the board in for repair. I think I found the 74LS74's but there is 4 of them and cannot locate LM339 and do not think this is a home owner repair job.

#6 14 years ago

Wait for some others to chime in before you give up. This was just my WAG (Wild As* Guess) from looking at the machines schematics. Thanks for coming to us and our forum with your problem.

#7 14 years ago

Is it during testmode they don´t work or in gameplay? If you have the coindoor open during flasher test you must hold in the coindoor switch manually. Go to flashertest in the test menu choose "repeat" and hold down the two white long buttons on the left. Test all of the flashers.

Test that and then report back

#8 14 years ago

OK!! Thanks WET. It was during test mode, had just cleaned the game and was doing tests but had not tried playing it yet. But with the buttons pushed in all is well. I really appreciate your help. Thanks Brokedad for your help too!!

#9 14 years ago

NP Michael, happy to help.
Hope you have fun with your game!

//WET from Sweden

#10 14 years ago

I hope it is working for you now. Demo Man is one of my favorite games for the price. Lots to do and four different multiballs. Great game!

#11 14 years ago

Thanks ace3093, yes it is working great and yes it is a great game, I have had it for about 12 years now.

#12 14 years ago

I'm glad WET was able to figure it out for you. He knows alot about machines. Now you have to buy another pinball as you can't own just one.

#13 14 years ago

Haha...Thank you BD...but no...don´t know alot... but some things...Still a noob, still learning

Cheers

#14 14 years ago

Do yourself a favor Michael and put LED's in the demo man, you wont regret it one bit. It looks amazing.

Search for my demoman led post for pics.

#15 14 years ago

Great game! I just bought my second one a few weeks ago (sold my first one about 4 years ago and regretted it ever since). The one I own now plays even better. I think DM has one of if not THE best music in a pinball machine. Very subjective, I know, but it is just SO nice.

On a side note, I watched the movie yesterday. A fun movie, especially when you recognise all of the qoutes!

#16 14 years ago

I just had this same problem last night, stared at it for awhile, and while test was running happened to close the door and see the lights come on. (Pun intended)

New machine to me, and I LOVE IT!!! I have the home roms coming in soon, and can't wait to try them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-demolition-man-flasher-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.