20140531_163221.jpg
20140531_163227.jpg
20140531_163234.jpg
20140531_163241.jpg
20140531_163248.jpg
20140531_163259.jpg
al.gif
cry-1.gif

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

these are interesting.

#2 9 years ago

Good luck. Great game that ties in nicely with the theme, but pretty hard to come by due to the low production run.

I know a collector in the UK that has two, but doubt you'd be able to pry one out of his hands!

#3 9 years ago

If you find two let me know as I'd like one also. Ed

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Good luck. Great game that ties in nicely with the theme, but pretty hard to come by due to the low production run.
I know a collector in the UK that has two, but doubt you'd be able to pry one out of his hands!

2 !!?!?!?!

well, you never know... they say i'm a smooooooth talker.
But it just might be the Courvoisier that wins them over

Courvoisier-bottle.jpgCourvoisier-bottle.jpg

#5 9 years ago

bumper

#6 9 years ago

You're going to pay big bucks for that game. I had the chance to play a bunch on Defender at Zapcon and its really a unique and fun game. Wish I could find one myself for a decent price.

#7 9 years ago

Seems to be a game lots of people are after right now for some reason. The one that went overseas looked super nice and a good price as well.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Seems to be a game lots of people are after right now for some reason. The one that went overseas looked super nice and a good price as well.

It seems like all it takes is one guy putting a WTB ad sparks people into researching and then there are a bunch of people after a game. If i put a wtb ad for Genesis, there'd probably be another handful of new people looking for it.

That being said, i had a beater in my garage that only partially worked and it was fun.

bump!

#9 9 years ago

"ack!" genesis

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

But it just might be the Courvoisier that wins them over

That was not me!
Sending a VS cognac seems cheap. I would have sent at least XO like this one!

cognac-xo.jpgcognac-xo.jpg
#11 9 years ago

Manual kickback FTW! Good luck with your search!

That makes me think...Heyyyy, That picture is missing a button on the left side.

#12 9 years ago

Mine is nearly perfect and not for sale, but I might find it entertaining to find out what the best offer is on it. PM me.

NOS playfield with nice Dupont autoclear, CPR plastic set installed (plus a second spare set), Re-stencilled clearcoated cabinet, 9/10 backglass, new legs, new siderails, all new flipper mechs, pop bumper mechs, new star posts and lane guides, restored correct coin door, LED's in inserts, incandescent for GI, all new target decals (all 27 targets), wiring harnesses cleaned during pf swap and cabinet restore. It's possibly the nicest restored Defender out there. Correct pop bumper caps.

Kris

#13 9 years ago

#14 9 years ago

Indeed... XO Cognac does this, sometimes... (but I can't and won't compete for that one !)

#15 9 years ago

Looks like I never did a photoshoot of the game after I put it together. Should be pictured in the Zapcon photos from this year and last year. Attached a couple of in process shots. You can also ask Greg Davis about it's condition as I let him borrow it after last years Zapcon as he wanted to buy it but I wasn't selling.

At one time I even had the prototype backglass for this game. Got it from Mike Pacak but returned it to him as I thought I was buying a perfect 10 production glass. The prototype while even rarer is hideous and the displays are in a different spot so I didn't really have a use for it.

IMG_0364.JPGIMG_0364.JPG IMG_7142.JPGIMG_7142.JPG
#17 9 years ago

tease

#18 9 years ago

make me an offer.

This, Banzai Run and my Time Fantasy are my only keepers so far.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

proto glass

DefenderBg.jpg 15 KB

that prototype glass looks like a kid tossed it together quickly.
the composition isn't there... just lots of different parts dropped on the canvas.
glad they went with the final design

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Looks like I never did a photoshoot of the game after I put it together.

Thanks for sharing. Don't hesitate to upload pictures of the alternative BG on Pinside or IPDB. A precious piece of pinball history (even if I prefer the final one too !)

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

At one time I even had the prototype backglass for this game. Got it from Mike Pacak but returned it to him as I thought I was buying a perfect 10 production glass. The prototype while even rarer is hideous and the displays are in a different spot so I didn't really have a use for it.

Do you have pics of the proto glass? It needs to be added to ipdb.

EDIT: beat me to it.

#22 9 years ago

I scanned it before sending it back in case I wanted to have a poster made but unfortunately didn't take a picture of it. Would have to stitch together the scans and I don't know now to do that.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I scanned it before sending it back in case I wanted to have a poster made but unfortunately didn't take a picture of it. Would have to stitch together the scans and I don't know now to do that.

that's a snap.
pm me & i can splice
quality of the scanner could impact lighting and possible stretch at the seams.

#24 9 years ago

is the art on the btm-left and btm-right corners of the proto backglass used on some of the playfield targets?

#25 9 years ago

yes, bottom left corner is used on the top right plastic in the game.

#26 9 years ago

What is the ballpark value of a Defender pinball ?

#27 9 years ago

Just sold mine for 2750 to some guy in Australia. It was offered to several Pinsiders first who expressed interest (they made posts looking to buy one) but there were no takers. Some didn't even have the courtesy to respond as if I was asking a ridiculous amount which was 2500. I much rather would have liked the machine to stay here in the states. Guess those guys are just lookin to see if they can "steal" one.

Thanks again KBLIZNICK for sending me those FREE Drop Target stickers for my outgoing game!!

#28 9 years ago

I have had mine since 2005, and don't plan on ever parting with it. Great game - always fun to use on League night!
I do bring it to the Michigan Pinball Expo every few years, along with the Defender vid.

#29 9 years ago

i miss mine - cool pin. I love the no music just the video game sounds.

Mk

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Some didn't even have the courtesy to respond as if I was asking a ridiculous amount which was 250

I love this game, but would have a hard time shelling out the price for it. Is it an awesome theme? Yes. Is it a fun game? Yes, but I think most people have a hard time putting that kind of money on an older 80's game when they can get a 90's pin for the same price. Its rare and thats the only reason it is worth the $$$ it commands. I think people when looking for this game don't expect the price to be so high and get cold feet. If the demand is there (there are less than 250 made) then the price is going to be high period.

#31 9 years ago

Prices on these rare Williams games are going up.

Just look at Joust ($5K) and Varkon (last 2 went for $10K) when both used to be sub $2K machines. Last 4 Defenders I know of in nice shape sold for $2750, $3k, $3K, and $3833!

I know of a Time Fantasy that just sold for $2700! (not mine)

Might be picking up a Solar Fire (but missed out on the NOS pf to make it match my Defender and Time Fantasy)

Apparently a Warlok sold for stupid money on ebay recently too ($2950!)

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

NOS playfield with nice Dupont autoclear

That's what I need for mine!!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

That's what I need for mine!!

No more NOS that I know of (paid $1000 for it and still had to clearcoat it myself) I restored the old pf and sold it but got back another used pf as a core. Will eventually get around to restoring and clearcoating that one someday when things slow down.

#34 9 years ago

quote cite="#1656249">No more NOS that I know of (paid $1000 for it and still had to clearcoat it myself) I restored the old pf and sold it but got back another used pf as a core. Will eventually get around to restoring and clearcoating that one someday when things slow down.

Lmk I would definitely buy it once restored and would send you my core once swapped

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

I have had mine since 2005, and don't plan on ever parting with it. Great game - always fun to use on League night!
I do bring it to the Michigan Pinball Expo every few years, along with the Defender vid.

Yours is a really nice game, I couldn't stop playing it at the expo,(i like the standup targets in the midle, the left save, and the smart bombs) I would love to get one myself but 3 grand + is too much for me.

#36 9 years ago

You can find them cheaper, but not from a collector. I got mine for under $1k locally but it was trashed. I think Phoebe paid $1300 for hers on ebay but again it was trashed.

I had debated building another one from scratch. I had the original restored pf, a second backglass (since sold), a second speaker panel (from a hyperball) and a plastic set. Was going to use an old worn out Barracora as the donor game. Would have still needed to find another 5 target memory drop target bank and harder yet I would have needed 5 single target banks (3 of which are memory banks). Would probably have had to go with modern WPC replacements for those as the single memory were only used in Defender and no other system 7 game and the non memory singles from this era are almost as rare (Joust uses 4 and ???)

Wiring harness would be a nightmare to make, but it could be done.

#37 9 years ago

I have a fully populated playfield, somewhere. I would consider selling it but will not ship it.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a fully populated playfield, somewhere. I would consider selling it but will not ship it.

PM sent

#39 9 years ago

What would a N.O.S. backglass fetch ?

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

You can find them cheaper, but not from a collector. I got mine for under $1k locally but it was trashed. I think Phoebe paid $1300 for hers on ebay but again it was trashed.
I had debated building another one from scratch. I had the original restored pf, a second backglass (since sold), a second speaker panel (from a hyperball) and a plastic set. Was going to use an old worn out Barracora as the donor game. Would have still needed to find another 5 target memory drop target bank and harder yet I would have needed 5 single target banks (3 of which are memory banks). Would probably have had to go with modern WPC replacements for those as the single memory were only used in Defender and no other system 7 game and the non memory singles from this era are almost as rare (Joust uses 4 and ???)
Wiring harness would be a nightmare to make, but it could be done.

Defender is a fun game, and unique as well... I paid around $900. for mine a few years ago, but had to drive 12 hours 1 way to go get it, so I guess if I figure gas and hotel etc. it was probably around $1300. LOL!! As Kris said the PF was pretty much trashed. It had a nice cabinet, BG, and speaker panel. It did have some interesting hacks to figure out under the PF, but we figured them out. I believe Kris was restoring his around the same time, and he helped me out with mine.

Phoebe

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Fred-Sanford:

What would a N.O.S. backglass fetch ?

Let me know a price. That is the last piece I was looking for mine. Have a 9/10 in there now and would want to upgrade if it's flawless.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I believe Kris was restoring his around the same time, and he helped me out with mine.
Phoebe

as you helped me with mine. Mine was missing the rear pf support hoops and Phoebe loaned me one to model a new set on.

#43 9 years ago

LOL!! I forgot about them Kris...and heavy duty supports they are too!! I guess we could say that between us we managed to restore them both long distance and all!

Phoebe

#45 9 years ago

anyone selling a Defender pin bumpage

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Fred-Sanford:

What is the ballpark value of a Defender pinball ?

i'm starting to think it is...

one-mil-dol-1.pngone-mil-dol-1.png

#47 9 years ago

monday bumper...

make this my best monday ever

#48 9 years ago

For those keeping current market value score/records....The guy in Australia never paid for the game...I gave him 3 weeks. Put it back on EBAY yesterday and it sold within hours of listing it for $3250 Buy It Now. Guess I did sell it too cheap the first time.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

For those keeping current market value score/records....The guy in Australia never paid for the game...I gave him 3 weeks. Put it back on EBAY yesterday and it sold within hours of listing it for $3250 Buy It Now. Guess I did sell it too cheap the first time.

Wow...that's crazy. Nice of you to offer it to pinsiders again

#50 9 years ago

Lots of crazy people out there with way too much money to blow..

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-defender-pin-wtb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.