Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My Willams Dealers Choice has been starting up funky recently. It was set to free play when I got it; I don't know exactly how that was done - but it might be useful info in helping debugging the issues.

So the problem - upon hitting the start game button, the game resets all the score reels, resets the bonus, sets the starting bonus to 1000, and kicks the ball out for player 1. All great stuff according to the standard Williams EM start up sequences I could find. But then the game adds players 2, 3, and 4 and then continues to run the score motor. At that point, you can play out player 1. The scoring and bonus switches register normally but the score motor is spinning like a clock. I'm ok with the schematics when working simple issues but tracing the reset and startup sequences through the schematics has never been my strong suit.

Any ideas for things to check?

#2 2 years ago

The Coin and/or Replay relays probably activate when you start the game. Do they ever relax or do they stay active?

/Mark

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The Coin and/or Replay relays probably activate when you start the game. Do they ever relax or do they stay active?
/Mark

Coin relay certainly stays energized. I didn’t check out the replay. The machine is at my church, so I can’t just go look - I’m planning on working on it Thursday or Friday. Not ideal, I know.

#4 2 years ago

You might want to check the switches on the coin door.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-dealers-choice-start-up-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.