• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160430-01509_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

The playfield lights are not coming on and I'm suspecting the fuse. I see in the schematic that it's a 15 amp fuse, but I'm not sure what type of fuse to get: regular, slow-blow, or something else. The fuses in the game now look to have a metal H shape within the tube? The sticker is gone from the fuse holder so looking for a little help. Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

according to the schematics, it is a standard 15 amp. Not a slo-blo.

#3 7 years ago

When you say tech spec, is there a particular document you are referring to?

Out of curiosity for future knowledge, what would the call out be to indicate slow-blow?

#4 7 years ago

I looked at my schematic. On the schematic, the fuse says 15 amp, another says 6 amp Slo-Blo. Some say 4A S.B. etc. Some might say 6a F.B. fast blow. etc. If you go to IPDB.org, they have the schematic in 3 parts you can look at. I bought one years ago from Pinball Resource.

#5 7 years ago

Here is a pic of my fuse block, sorry can't really get a better picture right now, maybe this weekend i can try to clean it up and get a better one.

IMG-20160430-01509_(resized).jpgIMG-20160430-01509_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

So does the 6v mean anything for the fuse or is it just a 15amp fuse?

#7 7 years ago

Just go to the auto parts store and buy a 15 amp fuse.

On this vintage of machine you'll be using a 15 amp regular (normal) blowing fuse and NOT a slo-blo.

#8 7 years ago

Could be the lock relay.

#9 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just the fuse. I was messing with someone's hack job on a lamp socket and the lights all dimmed and then went out. I think the lamp shorted

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-dealers-choice-playfield-fuse-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.