View topic image gallery

DSCF3008 (resized).JPG
DSCF3013 (resized).JPG
DSCF3007 (resized).JPG
DSCF3006 (resized).JPG
DSCF3010 (resized).JPG
DSCF3011 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

I have a Darling pinball that I have got partially working. The problem I have with it now is it will not score 100 or 1000 points and the chimes do not sound on any PF hits. The 10 pt PF all work though anything that is suppose to score 100 or 1000 points will not score. The pop bumpers pop down but does not score the 100 or chime. If I score 10 points when it reaches 100 it does not register 100 pt and the chime bell sounds once and the chime coil stays energized. I have gone through all the PF contacts and all appear to be set correctly, have also gone though the score motor contacts and verified all set per the schematic, also looked at solder connections, jones plugs and any unusual. I did notice a strange wire on the lock relay coil contacts (partially melted), verified continuity, not sure if this is an issue. This is a two player machine and both score reels function the same only score 10 pts.

I'm not sure if the lock relay is suppose to stay energized when the game is started but it doe (see picture) and the coil 2nd photo with circle around it stays energized after the 10 points passes 100 (though does not score 100 on either reel)

I have attached the schematic

I just got into the EM's, any help is much appreciated.

DSCF3007 (resized).JPGDSCF3007 (resized).JPGDSCF3006 (resized).JPGDSCF3006 (resized).JPGDSCF3011 (resized).JPGDSCF3011 (resized).JPGDSCF3010 (resized).JPGDSCF3010 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Going by memory, so be aware. In the back box, there should be a relay for the 1, 10, 100, and possibly 1000 points. With the machine on, simulate each of those relays closing. The score reel should increment and the chime should sound.
If not, then check those contacts on that relay.

The 10 point relay can energize from the playfield or from a switch on the score reel when going from 9 to 0, same for the 100’s, 90 to 00, etc.

#3 2 years ago

On your 2nd pic the circled relay is the 100 point relay. Check the playfield for a 100 point switch that’s closed keeping the relay closed.
Also check the score reel if it’s pulling in all the way and opening the end of stroke switch to release the relay.

2 months later
#4 2 years ago

I'll check the score reel switch's, would this be an issue if both score reels do not register the 100 or 1000 points?

Also should the lock relay stay energized all the time with power on?

DSCF3013 (resized).JPGDSCF3013 (resized).JPGDSCF3008 (resized).JPGDSCF3008 (resized).JPG
#5 2 years ago

The lock relay should always be energized.

The chime circuit is simple. The chime is energized by a switch on the 100 or 1000 point relay.

Move the relay by hand to the energized position with the machine off. Make sure all the switches change state.

There is a manual for Jubilee on ipdb.org, it shows the relays and all the switches.

If the game has a score on the 100/1000 reels on startup does the score reset?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-darling-100-1000-pt-scoring-and-no-chimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.