• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5318 (resized).JPG
IMG_5319 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

I was trying to track down why once in a while the 1000 and 10 score reels only partially reset. I did clean and gap the reset relay switches . Then I noticed a score motor switch in the path and became confused with the labeling.

To the left of the reset relay switch I see IMP (A) and I figure it's the impulse cam bottom switch A. What is the "5" to the left of that? Does it go with the W-G wire, indication that it's the fifth use of that color? Pretty big space between W-G and 5 if so.

IMG_5319 (resized).JPGIMG_5319 (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

Not about reel resetting, but from another area of the schematic, more label questions:

top switch, I read as Index cam switch B (second one from bottom) , c=closed? what is the '1'?

Second switch, closed, cam 2, a=bottom switch.

3rd one,Impulse cam, c=3rd switch from bottom of stack, what is the S or 5 to the left?

4th one...4th stack, B=2nd switch, C=normally closed.

Thanks for the help, I'm better at schematics but it's a work in progress.

IMG_5318 (resized).JPGIMG_5318 (resized).JPG
#3 1 year ago

I think the 5 means how many impulse cam pulses are expected in it’s circuit.

#4 1 year ago

That makes sense since it resets the score reel in batches of five.

I'm still not sure in the second photo top switch what the 1 represents on the index cam.

Quoted from hjh632:

top switch, I read as Index cam switch B (second one from bottom) , c=closed? what is the '1'?

#5 1 year ago

Nevermind It labels the switch way over on the left as being in the 'ball index relay', has nothing to do with the motor switch.

#6 1 year ago

Williams had a fair bit of variability in how they labeled score motor switches before they settled down, maybe in the late 60s or early 70s. I don't know that the variations were well documented which led to a fair bit of confusion. I think there are other topics here with other examples and more confusion.

Williams wasn't alone. Other manufacturers had periods of time when their schematics were comparably confusing.

/Mark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-daffie-score-motor-switches-on-schematic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.