(Topic ID: 102244)

Williams Daffie-- Opinions?

By smailskid

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vanilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I own a Daffie. It's different from Doozie in that it has one less pop bumper, replacing it with a drop target worth 5000 points. This target stays dropped once hit, until the end of that ball, then resets with the next ball, and it's always worth going for. Trying to get 1-2-3-4-5 over and over is not a dull thing here, with the ball whipping around the playfield where five numbered rollover buttons are almost a happy surprise each time you get one, which is frequently. Completing the sequence advances the X. The operator options allows several different configurations of lighting the 4 Specials depending on which X you have achieved, including no Specials for any/some X's, so I made me a little matrix of all of the options and which specials they would light for each of the eight X's, then chose the configuration that I thought gave me the best fun and motivation throughout the game. So, the Daffie you encounter may have a different Specials configuration which may affect how you feel about the game. I was actually looking for a Doozie when this Daffie came along instead so I bought it and have been quite happy with it. One of the few add-a-balls in my collection. It's a keeper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vanilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-daffie-opinions?tu=vanilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.