Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi all. Just got my first machine and I’m learning as I go, so please be gentle.

I have a strange issue where all sounds and music seem to work fine and in test mode, but I have lost the music that plays / sound effect I had when the mystery wheel on the back box spins. The wheel spins but the sound effect doesn’t play. It was working fine yesterday. The switches on the spook house and ramp below the spookhouse work fine as it opens the door and then spins the wheel.

Please can you help?

Thanks,

Paul

#2 6 years ago

To add to this, I have lost the sound effects for the fireworks too and the second sound made when the ball drops down the comet ramp along with Ferris wheel music etc.

#3 6 years ago

Re seat your ribbon cables and your connections in the back box. Sometimes these old games get oxidation on the pins and they do weird things.

#4 6 years ago

Have you tried wiggling or reseating the cables? Just be careful to replace them carefully if you remove them. Also try pressing firmly on any socketed ICs on the sound board and MPU. Always try the easy stuff first.

Read the tech docs, there's a lot if things that should be gone over on a newly acquired game.

#5 6 years ago

Thank you both. I really should check the obvious. It seems reseating the cables on the cpu/soundboard has made a difference. My next job will be to clean the contacts in all the connections. Is it common for this to occur even though the cables hadn’t been touched / disturbed? Anyhow, thanks again and I’ll be sure to check out some of the tech docs.

Paul

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PRead83:

Thank you both. I really should check the obvious. It seems reseating the cables on the cpu/soundboard has made a difference. My next job will be to clean the contacts in all the connections. Is it common for this to occur even though the cables hadn’t been touched / disturbed? Anyhow, thanks again and I’ll be sure to check out some of the tech docs.
Paul

A boatload of info here about connectors:
http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cyclone-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.