• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

The standard 7/8 cam lock doesn't work on a Cyclone back box. Lock fits the cabinet nicely but the cam itself isn't correct. I think it may need one with two holes. One square cut to attack to the lock and another to slip over the metal arm in the mechanism. Anyone have any experience with this cam? Maybe somebody has one I can buy?

#2 8 years ago

I asked around for a while and couldn't find one. Finally after about two years I saw one on eBay and snagged it. I haven't seen one come up for sale since. I still look at System 11 part-out threads just out of habit.

There have been multiple threads about that lock cam and there are several people who are in-need. Seems like a good candidate for a 3D print.

#3 8 years ago

If anybody has the means to get multiples of these printed for folks, I can scan mine and give dimensions.

#4 8 years ago

With as many late 80's games as Williams sold, I am surprised it isn't available repro. Thanks for the replies.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

If anybody has the means to get multiples of these printed for folks, I can scan mine and give dimensions.

Yes ..yes .. I need one too..

1 month later
#6 7 years ago
Quoted from blackheart:

The standard 7/8 cam lock doesn't work on a Cyclone back box. Lock fits the cabinet nicely but the cam itself isn't correct. I think it may need one with two holes. One square cut to attack to the lock and another to slip over the metal arm in the mechanism. Anyone have any experience with this cam? Maybe somebody has one I can buy?

The owner of this Bad Cats let me take this pic @ PAGG. This is the cam we need ( flat piece of metal bolted to the lock with a slot in it) I believe it's the same in Cyclone ( lock located on the side of the back box.)

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Cyclone cam is similar, but shaped differently. The slot has a right angle in Cyclone. Part number 01-8708 on page 2-16a of the Williams Blue parts manual. According to that manual, the same cam is also used in Space Station, Taxi!, Big Guns, and Swords of Fury.

1 month later
#8 7 years ago

This one looks a little different to the one shown in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys11-backbox-lock-cam-needed#post-1851515

I loaned out one of these (01-8708 shown in the other thread) to Pinball Life for fabrication and it came back. These are available at their website. They are also available at Marco.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4326
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8708

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cyclone-backbox-cam-lock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.