Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Playdium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

What advances the Jack Pot to 4 million that is illuminated on the left side of the backglass?

#2 2 years ago

Every time you hit a roll over switch above the pops, it advances your jackpot value. It maxes out at 4 mil, and this carries over from game to game until someone hits it.

I believe factory default is 5000 per roll over. When you start a new game I believe it tells the player the current jackpot value in effect.

#3 2 years ago

Do you know of any backbox locks for this game?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Every time you hit a roll over switch above the pops, it advances your jackpot value. It maxes out at 4 mil, and this carries over from game to game until someone hits it.
I believe factory default is 5000 per roll over. When you start a new game I believe it tells the player the current jackpot value in effect.

That's not occurring. It stays flashing at 2 million.

#5 2 years ago

Usually when you start a new game is says in alpha numeric "jackpot value is xxxxx"

Also, if you read your instruction card it tells you how the rollovers increase your gate bonus for jackpot.

Backbox... locks? Lock is on the right side head, my dude.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

That's not occurring. It stays flashing at 2 million.

That's odd. The current number should flash, so that is correct. Not sure is there is a setting to lock in a specific jackpot amount. I think people might do that for competitions, but thought they used special roms for that.

Does your jackpot got down to 1/2 million after you get one?

I'm away this week, so can't test anything, sorry.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

That's odd. The current number should flash, so that is correct. Not sure is there is a setting to lock in a specific jackpot amount. I think people might do that for competitions, but thought they used special roms for that.
Does your jackpot got down to 1/2 million after you get one?
I'm away this week, so can't test anything, sorry.

Sounds like he got it to grow to 2 mil from the standard 1.5 and isn't sure the rules nuances.

#8 2 years ago

OK, I now see that the roll overs score 5000 each towards the jack pot. The 4 million is highly impossible to hit as the Comet will award the present jack pot and then reset back to 1/2 mill.
Yes, the lock on the back box, head, light box, or whatever one refers to it as. Looking for replacement.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

OK, I now see that the roll overs score 5000 each towards the jack pot. The 4 million is highly impossible to hit as the Comet will award the present jack pot and then reset back to 1/2 mill.
Yes, the lock on the back box, head, light box, or whatever one refers to it as. Looking for replacement.

Being a home environment, I've raised my rollovers to be more potent. I've got them set for 25,000 per roll over! That way you'll actually see that jackpot grow faster since you don't have tons of people in public doing it for you as it normally would have.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Being a home environment, I've raised my rollovers to be more potent. I've got them set for 25,000 per roll over! That way you'll actually see that jackpot grow faster since you don't have tons of people in public doing it for you as it normally would have.

I am not experienced with changing the settings as I am an EM collector. I do have on order a new display unit as player 4 does not operate. I read online that you need to see the info displayed on player 4 to correctly change the settings. Also have a manual on order.
Thanks for the input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cyclone-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.