(Topic ID: 136136)

Williams credit button only comes in white? Really?

By grandy

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by grandy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

In the middle of a Big Guns restore and I am lighting up the cabinet flipper buttons. Was hoping to do something similar with the credit button but to my surprise there only seems to be one style on the market - white!?

large.jpglarge.jpg

Is my google-fu failing me? Is this true?

Assuming it is, has anybody ever tried 3D printing something transparent or is there another clever way to put in a lighted credit button?

#3 8 years ago

good call! You would think i would have realized this as I have a taxi. I think it's safe to say there aren't too many options for this button. Not really feeling a green button on my Big Guns.

#4 8 years ago

I've wondered this also. I'd like a red one for my Firepower

#5 8 years ago

They look similar to the older style Williams EM flipper buttons. Are they not the same size? I know they used them for the credit button on the EMs too, and you can get those in red.

1 week later
    #6 8 years ago

I actually used a clear flipper button with a colour changing LED behind it. Have a look here -

I did a bit of McGyvering on the button but didn't have to drill out the hole or anything. I used the parts from the original button along with a piece of plastic tube. I can take some pictures of the inside if anyone is interested.

DZ.

1 month later
    #7 8 years ago
    Quoted from dzorbas:

I actually used a clear flipper button with a colour changing LED behind it. Have a look here -

Just saw this reply, very cool. So where is the clear plastic button coming from? I'd love to see the inside pics too.

#9 8 years ago

Great find on shapeways eh97ac. I may have to see what the quality of the acrylic transparent looks like.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-credit-button-only-comes-in-white-really and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.