You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0San-Francisco-Work-03 (resized).jpg
20180220_122144 (resized).jpg
20180220_122216 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Picked up Coquette at the recent Tulsa mega auction. Had to chase lots of little stuff, mostly pertaining to my understanding how it worked. Frequently the 1's score reel contact will be stuck closed, and therfore no 1 digit scores record. I can manually open the contacts, and it will turn the wheel 1 digit, and then lock up again. If I hit any tilt mech, it will release. I have gone through every contact that sets less than 10 points and most work, but some do not. those that do not are NOT stuck closed, but that's what it acts like. This started last night after working fine for a few hours. Similarly, the relay labelled player 1 relay is also always closed, even after a tilt.

Second, and possibly connected is a fuse that blows immediately. Photo attached (it's the only spot without a fuse). We cannot tell what is missing from play with it gone. I can pop one in, and it will last maybe a minute before blowing, and we see no change in play or lights etc.

Any help with a complete PB newbie is appreciated.

20180220_122216 (resized).jpg20180220_122216 (resized).jpg

20180220_122144 (resized).jpg20180220_122144 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

OK figured out the fuse thing. Apparently only 1 or the other is supposed to be in place.
But the relay controlling the 1 score reel is still slammed shut.

#3 6 years ago

Hi jimdanforth
welcome to pinside. Great, "the fuse" You have fiured out.

The problem "One points" - we should look at the schematics. General - the wiring of 1-Point-Relay and 1-Point-Score-Drum is: The I-Point-Relay actuates and closes a switch on its switch-stack --- SELF-Hold-Current flows --- I-Point-Relay stays pulling UNTIL the Score-Drum moves the plunger (to then turn the drum) --- the moved plunger on the score-Drum OPENS an so-called E.O.S (End-of-Stroke) - Switch - this opening cuts the "Self-Hold-Circuitry on the 1-Ponts-Relay" --- look for the moved plunger - DOES the plunger moved truely opens the EOS-Switch ? Greetings Rolf

#4 6 years ago

EOS switch is working. Thanks for help.

#5 6 years ago

Studied it a bit more. Players 1 and 2 are both stuck with the plunger retracted. It powers up fine, then after resetting all the score reels, it closes that 1 count relay, and both 1 count reels lock up.

#6 6 years ago

Found a bumper that was not fully retracting. It was holding the switch. Still don't know why player 1 and 2 are both counting the 1's digit, but that's pretty minor.

#7 6 years ago

Hi jimdanforth
could You solve the problem "One Points / 1-Point-Relay" ?
In post-6 You write about "One points go to both Players" - do You have the schematics ? I show from ipdb-San-Francisco: The Ball-Count-Unit does alternating make pull-in "1st Player-Relay / 2nd Player-Relay" --- when the 3-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch on "1st Player-Relay is faulty:" This fault. Greetings Rolf

0San-Francisco-Work-03 (resized).jpg0San-Francisco-Work-03 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-coquette-2-maybe-only-1-problems-fuseconstant-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.