(Topic ID: 320156)

Williams - Contact wiring question

By kruff

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Internal wiring 3 (resized).jpg
    Internal wiring 2 (resized).jpg
    Internal wiring 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Hello,
    New to the world of owning a pinball machine and recently acquired a 1978 Williams Contact machine. My question deals with the plugs for the machine. Upon raising the playfield, I noticed what appears to be all of the plugs disconnected. I looked inside the cabinet and inside the backbox, but I am un able to see where any of them would plug in. It appears that the wiring harnesses are coming from the side of the cabinet (power unit?) and from the underside of the playfield. Any information on where to look for possible connection points would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Internal wiring 1 (resized).jpgInternal wiring 1 (resized).jpgInternal wiring 2 (resized).jpgInternal wiring 2 (resized).jpgInternal wiring 3 (resized).jpgInternal wiring 3 (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruff:

I looked inside the cabinet and inside the backbox, but I am un able to see where any of them would plug in.

Did you try the neck area of inside the backbox?
    That is where most of the connectors meetup with the rest of the wiring harness.

#4 1 year ago

Those harnesses all connect inside the backbox. I have Contact in my collection. I’ve recently fully restored it so I know it very well. If you’d like more photos or have other questions, let me know.

#5 1 year ago

Thank you for the responses everyone.

I never even thought they would connect to another wiring harness; I was looking at all the circuit boards for plug-ins. I will look in the neck and double check the backbox for other harnesses.

Thanks again.

#6 1 year ago

You have a dangling coil, if that's any indication of the rest of the machine you might want to get someone who has knowledge
    of pinball machines before plugging it in to avoid further damage. That said, your addiction begins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-contact-wiring-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.