(Topic ID: 56625)

Williams (early SS) Coin Mech help needed!

By balbers

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by balbers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I recently purchased a 1980 Williams Blackout. After I got it home, I discovered the coin mechs didn't work properly. A local tech came by to fix a couple of issues, and discovered the coin mechs didn't have the screw pins to hold them flush and secure. He sent me some free of charge, but I'll be darned if I know where they're supposed to go.

Can someone provide some instructions and a pic or three so that I can do this myself? I really want to take this off of free play so that I can enjoy the drop of a quarter as well as hear that knocker sound off when I get a high score or a free credit. Thanks in advance!

#2 10 years ago

If he sent you metal ones with two screwposts and three holes on each side, you can move them to which ever holes you need or depending on your coin door, you may only need them on one side.

See where the coin goes into the front of the door, and rolls in and then down ? The down part would be the top of your coin mech where the coin goes down and hits the cradle that moves.

If you visualize what has to happen, you should be able to figure out where the mech has to go.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

You might search Google Images for pinball coin door, or coin chute, to get some idea too.

Unless someone with a Blackout can send you pics of theirs.

#5 10 years ago

Excellent ! For balbers the posts go into the two lower holes each side of each mech.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks, guys! I'll give this a try tomorrow during daylight when I can actually see what the heck I'm doing. I'll take pics of it if anyone's interested.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for this! I tried to quote this last night, but somehow, I messed it up. Just for confirmation, is #21 the correct one indicated? The illustration raises a question: which direction should these screw in; towards the coin door? (I hope), I received 4 pins, for my 2 mechs. Sounds about right! (I don't have a center mech, but it's not necessary. I don't have many SBA dollar coins to use anyway!)

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from balbers:

Thanks for this!

Your welcome. Planetary pinball has a lot of Bally/Williams info.

#10 10 years ago

Here is a photo of my inner coin door on my Blackout, hope this helps ya out.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I am not worthy! Thanks! BTW, I have your Gorgar & Blackout pic set as my wallpaper. Hope you don't mind!

881,210? Awesome score. I dream of rolling it over someday.

#12 10 years ago

I'm sorry, I thought you meant the plate that locks the mech to the door. The screw pins go on the side of the mech that slides in to the mech tray and the pins slide into the holes in the back of the door. I'll take a picture of that too.

#13 10 years ago

Here is a picture showing the two pin screws I think your talking about

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Here is a picture showing the two pin screws I think your talking about

#15 10 years ago

That's what I'm looking for, thanks much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-coin-mech-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.