interlock2 (resized).jpg
Williams WWind DPL.jpg
image-14 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg
sttng (resized).jpg
whirlwind (resized).jpg
1483034629315-1470499082 (resized).jpg
2016-12-28 17.39.39.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Thanks but I said the door switch was the same that's all not the guts or display . I'm learning here.
Also someone else has a WW and they get a message so I'm trying to figure it out. Appreciate all the help even the sarcastic ones. Sorry to take time away from you but I am learning thanks.

Still don't understand the problem here.. Is something not working right OTHER than that 'Open' message?

If SO, then describe the issue again, clearly.

If the ONLY issue is that you have no 'Coin Door Open' message, that's not an issue, that's as expected, as designed. Can not be changed. Turn the game on, and play it, enjoy it, your game is working fine.

#53 7 years ago

Sys11 games like Whirlwind don't have a "coin door open" message. Oh, wait, a million other people already told you this and you won't listen... draining in 3...2...1...

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Any suggestions on fixing my issue? There should be a message and I'm still not getting it. Checking in WW forum others get a door open message.

What do you mean by this? You looked up ww in the forum search? It is possible someone mis-abbreviated ... white water, water world. White water does have a message

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Same head as STTNG and I get coin door open msg on ST. I'm at a loss here.

Quoted from TBatti:

Thanks but I said the door switch was the same that's all not the guts or display . I'm learning here.
Also someone else has a WW and they get a message so I'm trying to figure it out. Appreciate all the help even the sarcastic ones. Sorry to take time away from you but I am learning thanks.

But the problem is that you did say the head, and didn't say switch. That's exactly why I quoted you in my response (and again here).

We want to help you; but you're dismissing the answer by some of the most knowledgeable in the business.

Can you show us where this one guy, "who is a classmate of a co-worker to the cousin of your mothers uncle" (that's sarcasm), said it should have a message? Give us a link, tell us the forum, show us the message, then we can figure out why the information is incorrect.

I wouldn't think we have a language issue to Alberta, but let us know if English is not you first language.

Regardless, the answer still stands... There is no message on system 11 machines. So there is nothing to fix here.

If you look closely at your STTNG you should see TWO switches inside the coin door, one is the memory protect switch, and the other is the high voltage interlock, on your Whirlwind there should only be one switch; the memory protect switch.

Do you have some other problem you are trying to fix, or some other indication the machine is not working correctly? What is the issue?

#56 7 years ago

here is proof:
Williams WWind DPL.jpgWilliams WWind DPL.jpg

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from themadman:

But the problem is that you did say the head, and didn't say switch. That's exactly why I quoted you in my response (and again here).
We want to help you; but you're dismissing the answer by some of the most knowledgeable in the business.
Can you show us where this one guy, "who is a classmate of a co-worker to the cousin of your mothers uncle" (that's sarcasm), said it should have a message? Give us a link, tell us the forum, show us the message, then we can figure out why the information is incorrect.
I wouldn't think we have a language issue to Alberta, but let us know if English is not you first language.
Regardless, the answer still stands... There is no message on system 11 machines. So there is nothing to fix here.
If you look closely at your STTNG you should see TWO switches inside the coin door, one is the memory protect switch, and the other is the high voltage interlock, on your Whirlwind there should only be one switch; the memory protect switch.
Do you have some other problem you are trying to fix, or some other indication the machine is not working correctly? What is the issue?

Thanks for all your help. I I will move fwd. BTW STTNG has only 1 switch so I'm not sure what you are referring to but it doesn't matter. I've marked it resolved.
My ramp is more pressing issue for me an I can't get it to go down.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

You might want to call a doctor for that.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Thanks for all your help. I I will move fwd. BTW STTNG has only 1 switch so I'm not sure what you are referring to but it doesn't matter. I've marked it resolved.

Unless it is a quad pole switch, then it may not actually cut high power even though the DMD says it does. As it states on the third page of the manual for your STTNG, there are TWO switches on the coin door... (see attached copy of STTNG manual page, and picture of the inside of an original STTNG coin door).

If you do NOT have two switches on your STTNG, then you may get the coin door open message, but the power may NOT actually be cut off. I've seen coin doors replaced and the interlock switch wires taped together, effectively eliminating the interlock; but the machine still shows the message incorrectly, since the message is triggered off of the memory protect switch, and the software assumes (badly) that if one switch opens, so must the other, since they are mounted on the same plate. This is a flaw in the way the message is triggered.

The Newer Stern machines you have MAY only have one switch, but it is a multiple pole switch that is doing the duty of BOTH switches that were present on Williams WPC machines and Stern machines from Harley Davidson to about Indiana Jones. (The new single switch has ALL the wiring points that the two old separate switches had, but at a cost that High power and low power are now mixed on the same switch, and can easily be shorted).

Someone may have replaced the switches on you STTNG with the new single switch, or they may have just wired past the interlock switch and only left the memory protect switch.

System 11 machines only had one switch, the memory protect switch.

interlock2 (resized).jpginterlock2 (resized).jpg

interlock (resized).PNGinterlock (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-coin-door-wont-register-that-it-is-open/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.