6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdl511.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a 15 yr old special needs son with an interest in arcade games. He recently purchased a Williams Cherokee Shuffle Alley with his birthday money. Although I'm pretty handy, I'm new to EM repair. We also have a Bally Trail Drive pinball. We just acquired the manual and schematic for the shuffle alley. We've been cleaning switch contacts and replacing missing or burned coils. #1 Most recently, we installed a new lock relay coil that was missing altogether. It energizes on start up, but buzzes very loudly and gets hot quickly. #2 The game select switch receives power, but does not function. The game select step up functions when turned manually. When in the 6th fame game at "Game Over", it will reset to regulation when the machine is reset. So, I know the solenoid functions. #3 The player step up functions, but the 6th player is not reached before the gear meets the stop. If I manually move the reel two stops forward, the 6th player lights up and tallies score. But if I set the game to regulation with 1 player, it cycles through 5 players and remains of the 5th player and continues scoring. If I set it to 2 players, it will cycle through 1 and 2 while scoring correctly, but then goes to a "ghost" player frame where no player lights up for two throws without scoring, then returns to player 1. I'm learning on the fly here and am beginning to understand the functions of the internal mechanics, but am confused by the electrical wiring. I don't really know how to read the schematic and am looking for some advise. I've watched numerous Youtube videos on repair and learned a lot, but I'm not making much forward progress.... and the boy is not happy. LOL Thanks in advance for all your help.

#2 6 years ago

Help

#5 6 years ago

We’re in New Milford, Ct.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks. I took apart the step up and cleaned it. It seems to function as it should.
    One of the more pressing issues is that the player step up, when reset, will stop on a frame that is unmarked by a player light. Once it is advanced one knotch player one lights up and this continues to player 5. Ot will not advance to player 6 unless I move the step up forward 2 knoches. In taking it apart, I thought that perhaps it was put back together wrong, but the shaft and gear has a pin stop and the shaft will only alow the contact plate to attach in one single position. When reset, it seems to be one position off, which when the gear advances 5 knotches, it lands on a toothless spot on the gear which doesn’t enable the plate to advance to the sixth player. I’m puzzled....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdl511.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cherokee-shuffle-alley-1?tu=jdl511 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.