• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WMS cam switches (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I received a Williams Fast Ball and things aren't happening the way they're supposed to. There is a used camshaft in a bag of parts that came with the machine. It is the same as the one in the machine to the extent it will fit in the motor assembly, but the notches on the wheels are in different places when I compare the two camshafts. I don't know which one should be in the machine.

I have the schematic for the machine (not the one pictured here). My question: Do the notches on the cams on the schematic correspond accurately to how they should be oriented in the actual camshaft for the machine?

Any other thoughts on how to know which camshaft should be in the machine? I'd like to start troubleshooting knowing that the camshaft is correct for my game.

WMS cam switches (resized).pngWMS cam switches (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

Thank you both for the information. Resolves my question.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cam-switches-and-timing?tu=JethroP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.