Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-24 (resized).jpg
cab bottom 003 (resized).JPG
cab bottom 002 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

This may be a stupid question..

I'm gathering up parts and stuff I need for a F14 Tomcat. The cabinet seems to have a different bottom than what I'm seeing in pictures but it looks like factory and doesn't look like it was ever changed.

The reason for this question is so that I get it back as close to original as possible. Most that I've seen have a thin bottom in them, this has a thicker(about 1/2 in) not even sure what you call it, pressed wood chips type board.

This is just warped and flaking all over the place. Before I do a repair I want to make sure this was a factory type thing? The others I've seen have that 1/4 in, fiberboard(?) type stuff.

#2 6 years ago

Here are a couple of pics.... of what I'm trying to describe.

cab bottom 002 (resized).JPGcab bottom 002 (resized).JPG

cab bottom 003 (resized).JPGcab bottom 003 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

That looks like partical board

images-24 (resized).jpgimages-24 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

Here are a couple of pics.... of what I'm trying to describe.

Looks factory to me... if there’s concern... you could consider purchasing a product called wood hardener and brush it all in to the pressed board... it will seep in and glue it all together really good and make it as hard as a rock

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks factory to me... if there’s concern... you could consider purchasing a product called wood hardener and brush it all in to the pressed board... it will seep in and glue it all together really good and make it as hard as a rock

This is bad, The pictures don't show it well. It's warped,its really flaky, it smells up the whole garage of moldy something. I want to retsore the game, and this has got to go! It looks really bad on the inside of the cabinet. When I touch it, it's really spongy too. I'm really picky and if I replace it, I want to make sure I put what came factory or close back.

If it was straight, I'd do what you suggested above, but this is just really warped and looks bad.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

That looks like partical board

Ya...All of the other games I see and even my HS have a thin board in them. I keep looking to see if it was changed, if it was they did a really good job because I can't tell at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cabinet-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.