11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I had someone give me an empty Big Guns cabinet and head. They also gave me an empty Cyclone head. Being they are both the same system, (i know big guns back box is unique) is the cabinet base the same?

I was looking at reproducing the cabinet base for big guns, with the cyclone head, would this give me an accurate cyclone cabinet? I don't have a cyclone to look at for reference! If this is the case, i'm going to start on it today. Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 11 years ago

The base cabinet is the same but the assemblies and related hardware inside is different. For example, Big Guns uses a different mechanism panel than Cyclone. Cyclone has a larger panel that holds the roll tilt assembly, volume pot, and tilt wire and plumb bob. BG has a smaller panel without a plumb bob and roll tilt. If you need photos of the inside of a Cyclone cab let me know.

viperrwk

#3 11 years ago

OK - just actually looked at my Cyclone and the actual mechanism panel is different than what is shown in the parts manual. Mine has the small panel like there is supposed to be in BG so the swap may be easier than first envisioned.

viperrwk

#4 11 years ago

I wouldn't mind some pics, i really wish i could afford to pickup a few pins so i can start reproducing them. I know there's little to no call for big guns replacement cabs, and cyclone is a bit more popular. I just took an order yesterday for 30 poker machine cabinets, so i'll be tied up for the next 3 weeks with those.

#5 11 years ago

Was that for Magic Girl? :.)

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThunderhorseCNC:

I wouldn't mind some pics, i really wish i could afford to pickup a few pins so i can start reproducing them. I know there's little to no call for Big Guns replacement cabs, and cyclone is a bit more popular. I just took an order yesterday for 30 poker machine cabinets, so i'll be tied up for the next 3 weeks with those.

Here you go:

http://bkane.com/cyclone_cab/

viperrwk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cabinet-differences-system-11b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.