(Topic ID: 258119)

Williams BSD sound up not working.. Am I missing something? - FIXED!

By Barakawins1

63 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 63 days ago

I'm working on a Williams Dracula. The volume up adjustment switch inside the coin door doesn't work. I changed the adjustment switch and same result.
I swapped the power wire from the down volume switch to make sure the new switch works and it does. I can confirm the new adjustment switch works.
Next, I followed the wiring up to the mpu board (J205), pin 8 (orange/violet) I get continuity from the coin door switch up to J205 pin 8 no problem. So have no wire breaks. Anyone have any other ideas on why this switch may not work?

#2 63 days ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I'm working on a Williams Dracula. The volume up adjustment switch inside the coin door doesn't work. I changed the adjustment switch and same result.
I swapped the power wire from the down volume switch to make sure the new switch works and it does. I can confirm the new adjustment switch works.
Next, I followed the wiring up to the mpu board (J205), pin 8 (orange/violet) I get continuity from the coin door switch up to J205 pin 8 no problem. So have no wire breaks. Anyone have any other ideas on why this switch may not work?

Is there any battery damage on the MPU board?

This can affect the game responding to those switches.

RM

#3 62 days ago

No acid damage at all

#4 62 days ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

No acid damage at all

IIRC, there is a single ground wire that chains from switch to switch - is it definitely attached to all of the switch ground lugs on the coin door?

You have to look closely.

RM

#5 62 days ago

Yes it’s attached.

#6 62 days ago

UGH! The schematics were wrong! Unreal! Compared traces with another board and confirmed schematic drawing was incorrect.

#7 62 days ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

UGH! The schematics were wrong! Unreal! Compared traces with another board and confirmed schematic drawing was incorrect.

OK, so the underlying problem was what? Bad trace?

RM

#9 61 days ago

Good job.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Albany, NY
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside