You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wires (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
spinner (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Just got my Wms Blue Chip back from the shop. It was new to me and didn't work. My guy got it going but there is an issue with the spinners. They both score well until their "1000 pt when lit" activates, then nothing. Each spinner lights separately according to the rules and each will work until the "1000 pt" is lit for that spinner. Everything else on the playfield appears to be working and scoring to the rules. Where should I look for the problem? I will call my shop guy if need be but would like to try here first. Thanks.

spinner (resized).jpgspinner (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

If the Spinner relay is activating when this happens, check this circuit, starting with this switch.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Thanks, I was trying to decipher the schematic but I'm just learning. That helps. Thanks again!

#4 5 years ago

I can't see it on this schematic, but I assume these score 100 when not lit?

Usually this is a case of a make/break switch on some type of alternating relay, or a change relay of some kind, not making when it changes from 100 to 1000.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Usually this is a case of a make/break switch on some type of alternating relay, or

I thought about that, but because OP Pmedic871 reported that the problem happens for both spinners, it's more likely a problem in the Spinner relay switch I pointed to in post #2.

#6 5 years ago

I will post after I get a chance to dive into it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I thought about that, but because OP pmedic871 reported that the problem happens for both spinners, it's more likely a problem in the Spinner relay switch I pointed to in post #2.

Look again at the schematic snippet above. Once I blew it up some I saw what I was looking for.

Right below the spinner relay switch are the paths for the left and right spinner switches. It appears to me, and I certainly could be off, that the spinner relay is not activated when the spinners are just scoring 100 that the spinner relay isn't in the circuit. It's only when the make/break switches shown on each circuit change state, and then the spinner relay is activated by the spinner switches, which in turn would go to the 1000 point relay.

So it could be the make break switches on each of those relays, No 2 and No 5, but it's more probable it's the single spinner relay switch you pointed out.

Doesn't hurt to check them all.

#8 5 years ago

I think this is the culprit. The spinner relay is working but not scoring 1000 because the wires are not attached to the "pulse 1000 score drum" switch. Looks like they were either intentionally disconnected or just taped up and not repaired. I will find out soon.

wires (resized).jpgwires (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Fixed the wires and it's working although not as snappy as the 100's. I think the relay needs a lttle more attention.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blue-chip-spinners-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.