Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Game: Blue Chip 463 circa Nov 1976. Sometimes both the center/right eject holes don't score or eject. I have the original schematic and I think the problem is somewhere in the score motor contacts. Ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Check switch D on the index cam. It is a make/break switch, when the score motor starts the top switch powers the motor and keeps it running through its revolution; the bottom contact is what you are after. It should be closed which allows the centre or right eject relays to energize.

Clean it up and check if good contact is made.

#3 6 years ago

I think I figured this out. Sometimes the left-most cam follower (is that the index cam?) would stop when the switch lobe wasn't at the bottom of the trough. This probably left the switch you mention open when this happened. I cleaned the cam wheels, they were sticky with old dried out grease and it seems better. Also I used 5 minute epoxy on the switch stack where the white plastic spacers where separating. Not sure how you properly fix that.

There is amazingly little information on the cams and switches on the web and correlating the schematic to the switches is a black art, IMHO. Thank you for offering help!

#4 6 years ago

Also ensure that the top switch on the index cam (these are all shown on the schematic) doesn't open too early. That powers the score motor through its revolution, if it is stopping short that could be why.

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

Is there a source of new Williams score motor contact sets? Not clear if there is a clear way to repair the ones I have. Thanks.

#6 6 years ago

You can build new switch stacks from parts available at Pinball Resource (or replace the nylon lifters):

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

Alternatively buy old parts off ebay.

3 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

I notice there are several ones offered but the note says:

"These blades are for Standard leaf switches. They will NOT work for Gottlieb AG Relays, Bally G Relays, Score Reel Switches, or any switch that the total length of the switch is less than 2”.

Try them anyway? Thanks

#8 6 years ago

Call them and ask.

#9 6 years ago

Is it just the nylon switch blade lifter that needs to be replaced?

Assuming the hole in the switch is intact you should be able to remove the bad one and replace it with a new one.

They are peened on (tap gently with a hammer).

The blades on the score motor are longer than 2" right? If so those blades are good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blue-chip-eject-holes-dont-always-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.