• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RacingPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I am helping a friend fix a problem on the Blue Chip. I am knowledgeable with DMD machines but have no experience with EM's.

PROBLEM: Ball release works only when either LH or RH outhole switches activate.

However when the ball center drains the ball release solenoid doesn't activate and put the ball into play.
When I turn the game off/on to start a new game the ball isn't put into play.

I have the schematic and would like to know what circuit/switch is responsible.

Appreciate your assistance.

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

I'm guessing bad, maladjusted, or flaky trough switch. Make sure the ball is activating the switch when sitting in the trough. If you have he schematic, check to make sure the proper wires are hooked up to the trough switch.

#3 9 years ago

Do you mean the LH or RH 'outlane' switches are activated and then when the ball finally drains the solenoid works? Or do you mean the LH or RH 'outlane' switches actually fires off the solenoid when these switches are contacted?

If it is the former then I would say the score motor must move to a favorable setting to allow the outhole switch to fire when those switches are hit. The outhole switch itself should start the score motor turning and the ball realease solenoid fires because the outhole switch is down and one of the switch stacks is also closed. You will need to find the solenoid on the schematic and what preceding 'closed' circuit would make it fire. It should show switches on the switch stack and then you will have to find those in the machine and make sure they are set properly.

Mike V.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blue-chip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.