Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201108_123954 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi,

Not really a restoration video, not really a gameplay. Just to show you a fully renovated Blackout incl. the playfield, cabinet, electronic. All the parts that could be found new on the market have replaced the old ones. For the history, I found it as a wreck in a basement.

#2 3 years ago

Great looking Blackout! Are those 2smd LEDs in there? Warm or Sunlight? I’m thinking I need to swap out my old flipper coils after watching you ping those yellow targets; I’ve got a tough time with those with my machine.

Very nice job . Thanks for posting.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for your support

Yes 2 smds Leds. Cold under playfield, Warm (EM style) behind the Backglass, but still it was too bright for the backglass repro from PPS. The explosion led area was just hiding all the graphical elements around it. So I removed 10 bulbs to obtain a result closer to the original. And I left incandescent bulbs above the playfield. It looks the best way for me to render the original warm ambiance.

#4 3 years ago

The job you did looks great, en si le agregaste LEDS?

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

Good afternoon,

So I just picked up a blackout from a friend who wanted it out of their house. It has seen better days and the journey begins. Just curious if you had any leads on where you procured the hard to find stuff. Anything is helpful. Thanks mate!

20201108_123954 (resized).jpg20201108_123954 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

Hi,

Great opportunity !
Honestly I have not repaired de CPU/driver, I purchased it new as they were battery green acid traces almost everywhere.
The plastics, original posts type, rubbers and all parts that are not metallic, I have purchased them new. Same for the backglass. I guess PPS does still have a repro in stock. Displays are leds although I tested ok the original ones. The test is just cleaning, polishing, painting, ....

Now if you have something in mind you would like to know more specifically, please do not hesitate to ask.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blackout-restored-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.