Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1542 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I'm working on a Williams Blackout game. This is only my second Williams game and my first with IDC connectors. I found replacement connectors but they seem to be for 22 gauge wire.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1601

Will this work on all connectors or do I need to find other sizes?

Any tips or tricks to install these?

Thanks

Bob

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for all the input. Very good information there on pinrepair.com.

Whenever I get a new game I always replace the connectors and headers just to be sure. I guess I was thinking to keep the game original with the IDC's. But now I see the crimp connectors are much better, I think I'll go that route.

I really don't have any issues with any of the old connectors and none look burnt. I think I'll take your advice and only replace the high current connectors and all the headers.

Thanks

Bob

#9 2 years ago

Thanks Andrew but I really don't like locking connectors. I always have problems getting them "unlocked". Plus the 24 pin headers can be cut to size so I only need one size. Unfortunately GPE is out of stock again.

#11 2 years ago

It took me over an hour to remove the connectors from the headers - but I did spend some time labeling them. Not an easy process. I used a screwdriver to help unlock the locks. But thinking back maybe an old credit card would work better.

My inventory is a bit different - 19x 9 pin, 4x 4 pin, 1x 6 pin, 1x 12 pin, 1x 15 pin. I inventoried them because I haven't decided yet to go locking or non-locking.

On a different matter - I plan on installing your NVRAM on this board but I noticed there are some pins sticking up (I guess they're test points) Should I cut them off to be sure they don't touch the bottom of the NVRAM board?

Thanks

Bob

IMG_1542 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Victor, NY
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside