(Topic ID: 219072)

Williams Blackout background sound

By csab00

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacingPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

I have had issues where the driver board jumpers are not set correctly. This will give the wrong or no background sound even though they all work in coil test.

1) Was this driver board the original board and worked ok with this one in the past?

2) Do you have another driver board you can swap and see if the problem continues?

#7 5 years ago

The jumpers are used on the System 7 driver boards. Just make sure you are using a system 6 driver board. This is a mute issue though if it worked in the past with this driver board

Mike V

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

More
I thought sys 7 only had them in the switch matrix?

Yeah. I don't think they specifically have anything to do with the background sound but I had the wrong driver board in a Blackout and it was having the exact problems. It also had the wrong sounds on different switches. I found a system 6 driver board and that fixed it.

Although if this driver board worked fine in the past then this is not your problem

Mike V

#11 5 years ago

I would have thought that too but the other system 7 one I tried did exactly the same thing. It was odd as it just choose the wrong sounds and no background sound. All sounds worked in the switch test and the game played fine. Speech worked fine too.

I've noticed the new combo reproduction board is having issue with sound for system 7 games and now doesnt support it.

I think there is something else different in the System 7 for sound.

Mike V

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacingPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blackout-background-sound?tu=RacingPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.