You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

File_000 (resized).jpeg
File_002 (resized).jpeg
File_001 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a Williams Black Knight up and going from the dead, but I am getting some funky voltages out of the transformer. Looking at it there seems to be some possible hacks done to it, but I'm not sure. Does the attached pics look ok? Looks like there are jumpers soldered in that I don't see on other pics online. If this is normal, I guess I have to test the bridge rectifiers. If anyone has close up pics of the transformer from their system 4-7, I would appreciate it .Thanks!

File_001 (resized).jpegFile_001 (resized).jpeg

File_002 (resized).jpegFile_002 (resized).jpeg

File_000 (resized).jpegFile_000 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Nevermind. Figured out there was actually a slice in the power plug so only one hot leg was reachinng the transformer.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

Figured out there was actually a slice in the power plug so only one hot leg was reachinng the transformer.

How many hot legs do you have? Only one (probably black) should be hot. If you're getting voltage on another leg something is wrong.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide#post-1945125

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a Williams Black Knight up and going from the dead, but I am getting some funky voltages out of the transformer. Looking at it there seems to be some possible hacks done to it, but I'm not sure. Does the attached pics look ok? Looks like there are jumpers soldered in that I don't see on other pics online. If this is normal, I guess I have to test the bridge rectifiers. If anyone has close up pics of the transformer from their system 4-7, I would appreciate it .Thanks!

What you have is normal, those are jumpers to connect together the various winding the the transformer primary. You can see them on the schematics page with the transformer connections. It even has the transformer terminal numbers listed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-black-knight-transformer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.