Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mwsmith
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Does anyone know how many (and proper start locations) balls Black Knight needs? Obviously at least 3. I was told proper locations and number of balls is a critical troubleshooting start point before looking deeper.
Thanks!!!
Bill

#2 7 years ago

3. All can be under the apron or 1 to 2 may be in the upper lock with 1 or 2 under the apron. Game should also start if 1 (only 1) is in the shooter lane.

#3 7 years ago

3 balls is correct and they can either be in the trough or you can have one in the trough and two in the upper playfield ball lock.

#4 7 years ago

The game will start with balls in lock trough or outhole, leaf switches on mine seem to react to temp,etc. and even with balls in locations sometimes the game won't start. Switch test is a good check, but make sure to run the test with pinballs and not fingers.
-scott

#5 7 years ago

Thanks all. I'm going to check it all out now. I'll let ya know. Surely I won't be this lucky!

#6 7 years ago

One thing to be aware of is almost all of these leaf switches were assembled wrong at the factory with one blade installed upside down. They can be disassembled and corrected, but the one contact may be damaged from being worn by the backside of the upside down blade. Once the gold plating is worn away, they will be problematic. I've been gradually rebuilding my switches with parts from Pinball Resource.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside