(Topic ID: 314896)

Williams black knight issues

By arcadebeast

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

As soon as turn game on coil fires and gets stuck open. Blows the sloe blow 2.5A fuse on power supply board. This happened after I replaced the coil. And did wire it wrong but fix that. I think. I’m not good at reading schematics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank u.

#2 1 year ago

What coil? You wiring it wrong very likely blew component(s) on the driver board which is causing it to lock on. The transistor and predriver for the coil should be replaced. Why did you replace the coil in the first place?

#3 1 year ago

I was rebuilding flippers and decided I would also replace this one. It’s the coil that kicks the ball onto Playfield.

#4 1 year ago

I think you're referring to Solenoid 6? If not that one, then it would be Solenoid 1. If you're confident in your soldering ability I would change the two transistors listed, depending on which one is giving you issues. There's no reason to replace coils if they're not burned up, shorted or open. They don't wear out, they're simply just wire of varying thicknesses wrapped around a plastic center piece varying amounts. Like for example, the Ball Thrower coil is wire of 23 gauge thickness, wrapped 750 times. By wiring your coil wrong you sent power where it wasn't supposed to go. Always keep in mind the wire position in relation to the diode band, not the solder lug, when changing coils.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 1 year ago

It’s the ball ramp thrower. Thanks

2 weeks later
    #6 1 year ago

Good morning KNXWLEDGE
    First off I’ll like to thank u for all the help.
    So I finally had time to replace the Q14 and Q25
    On driver board. Game is working again. But only one other issue. The #6 coil is working but it keeps kicking 2 balls on to the ramp every time I press up a game. Any idea why this is happening?

#7 1 year ago

If you are getting multiple balls served or similar issue, clean and check the gap on the lower ball trough switches, the shooter lane switch and the upper ball lock switches. If they have issues it can confuse the game as to where all of the balls are.

#8 1 year ago

Good afternoon frenchmarky
    Adjusted switches and game seems to be working right. Thanks for the help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-black-knight-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.