Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Buno
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Hello
I'm new to Pinball and restoring a Williams Big Guns circa 1987. The back glass was broken and discarded by the previous owner. I need the channel material that hours the glass and picture. Does anyone know where I can find this?
Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Here is the lift trim, as well as the trim for the other three sides of the glass/translite.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-822X-X

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here is the lift trim, as well as the trim for the other three sides of the glass/translite.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-822X-X

Will the side pieces be long enough? Big boy backglass in this one.

#4 2 years ago

Pinball resource also carries them.

You can find translites for Big Guns.

Hope you have room for it - that sucker's tall!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will the side pieces be long enough? Big boy backglass in this one.

That's right, I forgot--BG's backglass/translite is taller than most games--27" x 25-1/4"

Looks like the top, sides, and lift trim are a different style than the WPC trim that is widely available.

pasted_image (resized).png

#6 2 years ago

I think someone in the club thread mentioned just buying three sets of top trim and cutting two to fit

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think someone in the club thread mentioned just buying three sets of top trim and cutting two to fit

I was thinking about that, but I saw that the WPC top trim had a long edge for the back. I wasn't sure if that would interfere with lighting or not.

Maybe instead go with plastic trim from classic stern/bally for the sides?

#8 2 years ago

I've been looking around at some place that has this PVC trim for glass. I found that Granger has some, but it doesn't look like it's any cheaper than Marco.

Has anyone found something generic that can be bought home improvement or builder supply store? I just think it's gotta be cheaper to get this U channel trim in bulk and cut to fit as needed.

#10 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick response and all the info. It seem that I made need to peice together a trim kit.

Buno

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside