• Latest reply 3 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sodacrack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Purchased a Big Deal recently and could use a little advice. I can't quite figure out why the start up sequence is not competing. When I try to start a game it seems like the correct relays fire, the score motor runs, score reels reset and steppers zero out and lights work on the back box and playfield. However, when it stops it does not eject the ball and there is no power to any targets on the playfield and the flippers don't work. I can see that it attempts to go to ball one, but goes back to game over. I have replaced fuses and cleaned sluggish steppers and jones plugs. I will attempt to upload some videos tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Is the lock out coil opened or closed at the end of the start up sequence?

The only coils still on after the sequence are the hold and coin door.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Which Big Deal do you have? The 1963 version or the 1977 version?

#9 4 years ago

I already have the manual and have been referencing the start up sequence. I have worked out a quite a few problems already. I just can't seem to figure out why there is no power to the playfield switches, or the outhole relay is not activating. I have checked and cleaned the bonus stepper and bonus stepper relays and everything seems to be fine. When you say "index cam" do you mean score motor. Can you be more specific where the switch at Level D of the index cam is?

1 month later
#17 4 years ago

Well, I stepped away from the Big Deal to restore an Argosy that purchased. I finished the Argosy and now I'm back.

I figured out the game over relay latch was not adjusted correctly, and the relay was not holding in. Fixed that and now we have power to the playfield.

So, now the score reels are not working and the 10 point chime box coil is staying locked on once activated.

2 months later
#19 3 years ago

I made some more progress and I think I’m almost there, but I could use a little more help.

I got the start up sequence to complete and I can start a 4 player game. However, the score reels are not working, and when I hit a 1000 point target on the Playfield the chime coil locks on and then all the other chime coils lock on when I score them except the 10 point relay. The 10 still doesn’t score though. The game will then continue cycling through players as I drain the ball untill I get to player 4. Then it will stay on player 4 and just cycle through balls until after ball five and then it will go to game over.

If I manually activate the point relays in the back box before I start a game, the chime coils do not lock on and chime properly. However the score reels still do not turn.

all of the score reels will reset at the beginning of the game.

#21 3 years ago

You rock HowardR. It was the tilt relay. I checked it after your previous post and it seemed fine. I just went back a checked it again and that was it. I cleaned and adjusted the contacts and the score reels work just fine.

So now when I start a one player game it goes from player 1 ball 1, player 2 ball 2, player 3 ball 3, player 4 ball 4, player 4 ball 5 then game over. Also, the ball index relay locks on when the first point is scored, and bonus is not advancing.

#22 3 years ago

Bonus is fixed. Making some progress tonight

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sodacrack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside