• Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I have 2 targets on my williams big deal that will continuously score points after thay are hit and will continue to score until I shut the machine off. Both of the targets I can see from above that they are not stuck closed. It will continue on to the next player and never quit once it starts. I'm not sure where to start on an issue like this.

#2 6 years ago

Which targets? Then we can examine the schematic.

#3 6 years ago

Since you mentioned continuing on to the next player, I am assuming you have the Big Deal version made in 1977 and not the 1-player model from 1963.

Williams EM drop targets of the late 70's era had a small circuit board behind the bottom of the drop target with a copper trace that had 3 distinct sections. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the scoring should only occur when the copper arm with the contact face was sliding past the middle section of copper trace.

Is the drop target possibly hanging up and not going all the way down (where the contact would remain clear the middle section) ? Is it possible there is some conductive grease on the circuit board that is effectively shorting the lower and middle copper traces as one?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Which targets? Then we can examine the schematic.

Its the left side target switch and left roll up switch that were causing the problems. I can see that they are connected together and go to a 5000 relay. Im not familiar with this style on schematic so I'm not sure where it goes from there. Ive played 10 games so far tonight and it hasn't acted up since.

#5 6 years ago

It looks like they are the only 5000 pt. scores, so check that relay. Also where they connect for shorts.

#6 6 years ago

The make break switch 5E on the score motor is what makes the 5000 relay drop out. Check that switch stack.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The make break switch 5E on the score motor is what makes the 5000 relay drop out. Check that switch stack.

Agreed, @dr_nybble. I upvoted your post

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-big-deal-has-2-targets-that-wont-stop-scoring?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.