Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
IMG_0939 (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

Hi, So I recently found this Williams Big Deal pinball at an Estate Sale listed as not working, Never owned a pinball before, always wanted one but could not afford to buy one, but at the price they were asking it was a steal so I figured why not.....
Anyway I Replaced the 15a fuse and amazingly just about everything works except the 4 aces unless i manually move the 115v solenoid on the underside of the play field with the bar that pushes the 4 ace relays plus a couple of others down then the aces relays lock down and it works as I think it should.
Where can I get a schematic?
Anyone got an idea why this solenoid is not activating, it constantly reads about 10v AC. I should add I am an electrical engineer so with the schematic it shouldn't be too hard to fathom out unless someone has already solved a similar issue.
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Schematic and also the fabulous Williams manual available here, with other info: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=245

#3 6 years ago

This has nothing to do with the 4 aces. Your relay bank coil is not firing. You need to check switch 'B' on the coin relay and/or switch 4C on the score motor. Check the wire connections along with proper gaping.

IMG_0939 (resized).PNGIMG_0939 (resized).PNG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

This has nothing to do with the 4 aces. Your relay bank coil is not firing. You need to check switch 'B' on the coin relay and/or switch 4C on the score motor.

Agreed. Here's the relevant circuit from the schematic.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

OK guys thanks, coin relay is easy, I guess the score motor is in the back of the scoreboard? not by the game now......
Thanks

#6 6 years ago

The score motor is located on the left side of the bottom board inside the cabinet. It is important that you check the coin relay switch B first along with any possible broken solder joints first, before checking the score motor. The score motor should be your last resort. For a novice like yourself, playing with the score motor can open up a whole new list of problems if you do not know what you are doing.

Also, make sure you unplug the machine before making any adjustments. Do not just turn off the machine by the under cabinet switch. We need you around for your next reply.

#7 6 years ago

Hey Guys, I am still alive!!
So I checked I was getting 120v out of 4C on the score motor - okay
Checked I was getting 120v out the B contacts on the coin relay - okay
Watched my meter closely on the Relay bank solenoid and sure enough a momentary 120v pulse but not activating the solenoid....
Scratch head...Inspected the solenoid terminals closely and found on the underside one of the coil winding wires had snapped.
Quick dab of solder and bingo it works..........
You guys rock and saved me many hours I am sure
Thanks and Best wishes for 2018.

#8 6 years ago

Yowza! please check as "resolved."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-big-deal-aces-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.