Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipperbat (resized).jpg
04902A01-6F85-4D60-B2E3-04A5E5EEB2B4 (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I am helping a friend with his 1977 Williams Big Deal machine. I have two questions I was hoping to get some help on from people better with EMs than myself--

Question 1 - Parts Question:

Both flipper bats need replacing and one of them has even broken at the metal base part. It looks like the game was played without flipper rubber at one point. I'm used to a more modern game where I buy a $5 bat that comes ready to drop into the game. It appears no such part exists for this game from Marco/Pinball Life.

I cannot find part references in the manual. It looks like I need one of these parts ( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-7087 ) but it is not clear to me what part goes with that? What yellow bat do I get to go on top? Can anyone help me out and confirm what I should be purchasing?

Question 2 - Power Question:

I noticed a few of the lights that I think are GI are not lighting. Specifically the lights in the upper left most corner (there is a block of 8 lights I think). No power appears to be going to these lights. Am I wrong about them being GI and are they controlled somehow by the game? Can anyone who is better with the EM schematics point me in the right direction? All fuses have been checked with a multi meter and appear to be good. All other controlled lights appear to work normal as appropriate (Player 1-4, ball 1-5, game over etc).

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I cannot find part references in the manual.

Are you familiar with the parts catalogs at Planetary Pinball? Specifically https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/zlqw/#p=18

I noticed a few of the lights that I think are GI are not lighting. Specifically the lights in the upper left most corner (there is a block of 8 lights I think). No power appears to be going to these lights. Am I wrong about them being GI and are they controlled somehow by the game?

If you're talking about the 10 lights, they're the match lights (at 5A on the schematic). One should light at the end of the game and award a replay for any score whose last two digits are the same as the match light, assuming the match feature is enabled with the jones plug adjustment.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

Thank you so much for the help - I believe you may be right and it was a 10 light bank which makes sense now that it is a controlled feature.

Thank you also for the parts catalog link. Super helpful.

#4 2 years ago

Murphdom is parting out a Fan-tas-tic. He may have a set of the original yellow flippers for you. Get the new shafts from Marco.

04902A01-6F85-4D60-B2E3-04A5E5EEB2B4 (resized).png04902A01-6F85-4D60-B2E3-04A5E5EEB2B4 (resized).png
#5 2 years ago

I was about to ask - what do people do when you can't find the flipper bat top part?

#6 2 years ago

If you cannot find anyone selling the proper parts, or they are out of stock, I have a used pair of the proper size white Williams flipper bats, along with the metal shoes, that you can have no charge to get the game going again until yellow bats become available. My Grand Prix came with white bats years ago and I replaced them with new yellow bats.

Lee

#7 2 years ago

I was about to ask - what do people do when you can't find the flipper bat top part?

Looks like Pinball Resource has the yellow flipper bats with the molded-in shaft (metal shoe not required) in stock for a 70's Williams machine.

Under playfield parts: #20-9250-6.

#8 2 years ago

Awesome - thank you so much for that ultra generous offer Runbikeskilee! I'll reach out to PBR but if that falls through and they don't have the part after all I may take you up on the offer.

2 weeks later
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Looks like Pinball Resource has the yellow flipper bats with the molded-in shaft (metal shoe not required) in stock for a 70's Williams machine.
Under playfield parts: #20-9250-6.

Just to double check (because I have a couple of these bats in my inventory with the molded-in shaft) can I use this in an EM even though the shaft does not have that indention where the flipper mechanism grabs it? The game is at my friends house 30 minutes away so before I bring parts over I want to be certain it would work.

flipperbat (resized).jpgflipperbat (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-big-deal-1977-part-and-tech-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.