(Topic ID: 10638)

Williams Big Chief not resetting, tech questions..

By FlickDillinger

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture_035.jpg
Picture_034.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I love this Big Chief from the sixties but it's not resetting. I have a burnt relay and will be replacingf soon. Would that cause the machine to not reset? Someone cut the wires that connect up by the coin mechanism.. Anybody know why those wires are cut? I thought about reconnecting them
but not sure..I am currently playing unlimited balls. Scoring works but just starts over at zero
when the spools run out. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I played the same game as
a kid and love this thing!!

Thanks,

the Flickster

#2 12 years ago

First, welcome to Pinside. Ok, what relay is burnt? If it is the lock relay then the relay is probably still good. It is common for those relays to have a burnt look because they are continually energized as long as the game is being played. Your problem is probably that your game over relay is not being activated.
The wires going to your coin door could be a number of things. Can you take a picture so we can be of more accurate assistance?
I will check the information on that Pin and get back to you. Should have done that before I started this, sorry and good luck.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from FlickDillinger:

I am currently playing unlimited balls

There is a Stepper Unit that controls the ball count, this is the first thing to check. You can operate this manually to make sure it is stepping up and resetting properly. If not it will need to be cleaned/adjusted.

Quoted from FlickDillinger:

Scoring works but just starts over at zero
when the spools run out.

Not quite sure what you mean by this, can you explain a little further?

#4 12 years ago

Yes photos do help

#5 12 years ago

Hi,

Will be picking a up a digital camera so I can upload pix like tomorrow.. I see it has a burnt coil. I have ordered the part but havn't replaced it yet.. I will get pix up of the issues soon. Yes a picture is worth a thousand words.. Plus I am just feeling my way around right now.. the Scoring since it doesnt reset current does keep score of the points.. when the spools for the points run out it just starts back at zero.. Anyway.. I will have a post soon with pix.. Thank and those should be in tomorrow.

#6 12 years ago

So it's not carrying over the decade ?

#7 12 years ago

Yeah, i definitely have a burn't coil. Not a relay.. Man i am really a beginner here..Strong interest though.. the scoring reaches it's physical limitation and then just starts over.. Fun to play but no restart currently or accurate scoring for a game..Score picks up where you left off.. Will take a bunch of pix and get them to everybody soon. Also working on my humpty dumpty machine.. Saving Jolly Roger for last..

#8 12 years ago

Hi, Apoligies on the delay.. Here is a few basic pics of the machine. Concentrating on the humpty dumpty machine I am working on and then will try the info above to check the stepper unit.. Just a few pix of the Big cheif until I pull the glass again..

Picture_034.jpgPicture_034.jpg Picture_035.jpgPicture_035.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-big-chief-not-resetting-tech-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.