Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

682F9013-D98E-47E5-B6EC-C9B14DEA4F24 (resized).jpeg
    E858BBB5-BFE6-43DE-A7DE-9CF37C46858A (resized).jpeg
    Williams 1970 catalog pg 014 (resized).jpg
    20DED448-EC7E-474A-A124-0688F0FCC355 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I have a Williams Spanish eyes with a bell missing from the match unit. I be managed to find a bell but am unsure on the method of mounting in the bracket. Is it simply bolted on? Is there a rubber bush or similar to allow the bell some movement so it rings freely? Anyone have details?
    And yes I know that once I get it going I’ll probably want to take it off again...!

20DED448-EC7E-474A-A124-0688F0FCC355 (resized).jpeg20DED448-EC7E-474A-A124-0688F0FCC355 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

It attaches on that slotted bracket thru a grommet and bolted into position.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for that. Will be able to sort that now. Cheers

#4 3 years ago

From the 1970 catalog...
    Williams 1970 catalog pg 014 (resized).jpgWilliams 1970 catalog pg 014 (resized).jpg
    /Mark

#5 3 years ago

Hi Mark. The diagram is interesting. It doesn’t show anything attached to the hole in the end of the sounding arm - on some photos I’ve seen a metal disc on here. Also doesn’t show detail of the bell mount apart from a bolt. I’ll try it and see though.

#6 3 years ago

There were variations of the design over time. The arm is already spring loaded (and not fixed to the stepper arm) so it should work as a clapper as is without an extra disc on the end.

#7 3 years ago

Slightly loose with a lock nut and it rings for days, tight and its kind of muffled.

#8 3 years ago

It looks like this. (This is from my phone so it should be rotated 90 ccw)

E858BBB5-BFE6-43DE-A7DE-9CF37C46858A (resized).jpegE858BBB5-BFE6-43DE-A7DE-9CF37C46858A (resized).jpeg

#9 3 years ago

Thanks. Really helpful. Just got this from eBay so should be good to go.... once I’ve fixed the rest of the machine....!

682F9013-D98E-47E5-B6EC-C9B14DEA4F24 (resized).jpeg682F9013-D98E-47E5-B6EC-C9B14DEA4F24 (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #10 3 years ago

I have 4 machines with that setup. It’s just a nut, bolt, and a washer between the bell body and the bracket. You adjust the bell in the slot to get the best ring. My biggest challenge was finding the 10A-183 spring. I got the first one from PBR. Then when I tried to get a second one I was told they didn’t have them. I ended up buying a couple of complete units on eBay and I’ve been scrounging parts from them ever since.

I don’t find the match unit bell to be bad at all. It’s a classic arcade sound. The big bell in the back of the main cabinet is the one that really gets your attention

#11 3 years ago

Would be great to get the specs of this spring to be able to find a substitute!

(I can confirm that PBR doesn't have the spring.)

https://www.springsfast.com/products/extension-springs/guide-to-measuring-extension-springs/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-bell-mount-on-match-unit-?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.