10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pafasa
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Wire_Colo.jpg
    Williams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Credit-Un.jpg
    Williams_Ball_Park_Schematic.pdf (PDF preview)
    credit_unit.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Good morning,
    I am looking for a Williams Ball Park owner that has their game in Free Play.
    Can you please take a picture of the credit unit switches?

Thanks a bunch!
    Dave

#2 10 years ago

Pinrepair has a picture that gives instructions on setting up Williams EM for Free play. If you look closely at that picture and my Ball Park are different. I have more switch blades. So I thought the top needed to be closed, I did that and it didn't work. I was able to get it to free-play a single game but then pressing it again just reset the entire game instead of moving to a 2 player game.

I believe I tried almost every combination. If I remember what worked the closest for the one player was to short blades 1-2 and 3-4 counting from the top. I rotated the wheel for the picture. If wheel is rotated so credit window shows no credit that the post on the gear rotates and at zero credits changes the MB from blades 3 and 2 to 3 and 4. That also opens blades 1 and 2 since the nylon spacer on blade 2 rides on blade 4. I believe the bottom switch is for max credits and should be normally closed.

credit_unit.JPGcredit_unit.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Here is a video of a 1971 Williams Klondike Replay Unit. It is the same as yours.

The top two blades turn a light on under the red lens on the playfield lower apron when they touch each other. They should be open when your credit wheel shows "0" and should close when the wheel reads anything other than "0".
    The middle three blades are what you need to adjust for free play. When your credit wheel shows "0", they should be Open, Closed going from top to bottom. The state of each of these should change when the credit wheel moves off of "0". Of those three, the top two need to be permanently closed for your game to be on free play. There are many ways to do this. You can simply bend them together, Place a penny or nickel between them, jumper the solder tabs of those two blades together, etc....

The bottom two blades should be closed until a pin on the ratchet wheel pushes them open from below. This cuts power to the step up coil and acts as a max credit switch. Tha maximum credits can be changed by changing the position of the max credit pin. It looks like yours may be missing though unless it is hiding behind the shaft with the clock spring in the pic you posted.

#4 10 years ago

Hmm, You are correct that has the same credit unit, however my concern is that since it is a baseball game things might be different.

When I short the blades 1 and 2 (so light stays lit under playfield) and then short blades 4-5 and leave blades 6-7 closed until pin opens for max credit. I removed the pin for the photo. The reset button does nothing. If I manually engage the coin relay then a single player game starts and goes to inning 1 which is correct.

Any ideas?

#5 10 years ago

Blades 1 and 2 don't matter. Their sole purpose is to turn on the credit light in the apron. I would say that blades 3 and 4 need to be closed all the time for free play to work. Blades 4 and 5 can open and close as they normally would. Blades 6 and 7 also do not come into play here.

I hear your concern about the possible difference in the game but I would bet it is as I describe. A schematic would help us verify this. Got one? I looked a little on IPDB but found nothing.

**There could be more going on here than just some misadjusted Replay unit switches**

#6 10 years ago

schematic, posted I also have the manual but it is too big to post. you can email m eat [email protected] and I can email it directly

#7 10 years ago

Wire Color Guide
    Williams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Wire_Colo.jpgWilliams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Wire_Colo.jpg
    This shows the M/B switch, Blades 3-4-5.

Blade 3 will be connected to a Black/Green wire.
    Blade 4 will be connected to a Brown/Yellow wire.
    Blade 5 will be connected to a Red/White wire.

The schematic confirms that blades 3-4 need to be closed to allow the coin relay to fire through the replay button.

Switches blades 4-5 need to open to release the coin lockout coil. This can be ignored if you intend to set the game to freeplay.

I can't verify this any further unless you post another pic of your credit unit switches that shown the wires attached to it.

Williams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Credit-Un.jpgWilliams_Ball_Park_Schematic_Credit-Un.jpg

#8 10 years ago

looking at the schematic, I can confirm that the top pair of blades, 1 and 2, are indeed the credit lite and the bottom pair, 6 and 7, are the max credit switch that cuts power to the step up coil when opened.

I think that should do it. If this does not get you running, then we need to dig deeper into the schematic.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ball-park-free-play-photo-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.