Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I can figure this out on a Gottlieb, but am unfamiliar with Williams (Spanish Eyes) logic.

After my game goes to game over, the ball ejects into the shooter lane. Could this be score motor switch 4A or possibly something else? I'd rather not mess with the score motor switches until hearing from the Williams experts.

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Hi DropTarget
Your "... and the ball is ejected." Question: "and you still can actuate the flipper-bats ?".
If so - see here https://www.ipdb.org/files/2265/Williams_1972_Spanish_Eyes_Manual.pdf on page-22 "switch B on Game-Over-Relay". And in the schematics at "E7" we see the wire from Ball-Release-Coil and an arrow TO RED FEED - and that is AFTER "switch B on Game-Over-Relay". Greetings Rolf

#3 3 years ago

Thanks. Now it's got other issues! I'll check out the manual tomorrow. However, the game does go to game over. It's a timing issue, that I believe has to do with switch 4A. If the switch is adjusted properly, the ball does not kick out upon game start, but does kick if there are points scored. If I adjust the switch so that it's closed when it should be open, the ball kicks out at the beginning, but that's when the "6th" ball happens as the ball eject coil fires before it should, which is before the game over relay can energize.

#4 3 years ago

On Williams machines things like that are usually driven by the Ball Index and Outhole relays, as noted on the left of the snippet. I would check those circuits to see why the BCU isn't tripping Game Over in a timely manner.

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

Thanks, the game over trips correctly, it was the 4A motor switch along wit a switch on the credit reel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ball-ejects-afyter-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.