• Latest reply 6 years ago by Kickout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Lady-Luck-Work-15 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Working on a Williams Lady Luck. Game was playing fine. Turned it off when back to play again, the minute the replay button is pushed the game Over Relay trips and will not reset. I can manually close the Game Over Relay play a game and after three balls game ends like it should. Push the replay button the Relay Bank bar closes the switches, the bar drops back,then the Game Over Relay trips, can not play a game. Any ideas of what is causing the Game Over Relay to trip like that?

#2 6 years ago

It kind of sounds like your trough switches are making, causing the game to go to game over. Try gapping them a bit more perhaps?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, I will try that.

#4 6 years ago

Hi Ohio66
maybe switches (in the JPG) "B,C,D" are (also ?) faulty (?) --- I believe the Switch "A" is faulty. When You start a new game and the pin resets the Score-Drums: ALSO the Ball-Count-Unit is resetted to "Zero-Position means ready for Player-1 to play Ball-1". So switch "my A" opens. When in Your pin this switch is faulty closed - the "still" pulling Coin-Relay in the Start-up Procedure makes the Game-Over-Relay to trip again. You probably have two or maybe three (?) switches on the Ball-Count-Unit - look for the switch with wire-Blue-White and wire-Blue-Red --- is this switch OPEN when the Unit is resetted ?

This switch "A" was for the Arcade times --- people where starting a new game - played one or two balls - said "what a lousy ball - I do not want to play the remaining balls - I press the Credit-Button (Coin-Relay pulls-in) and start a NEW game". And the pins need the pin in state "Game-Over" - so switch "A" as the Unit beeing stepped (one or more balls have been played): Switch "A" is closed and makes the needed "Game-Over". Greetings Rolf

0Lady-Luck-Work-15 (resized).jpg0Lady-Luck-Work-15 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Thanks all,

I found a N.O. switch on the Coin Re. that was staying closed causing the Game Over Re. trip. Adjusted and game starts, but the first player score drum pts 10 and 100 will not reset at startup. I will be working on that next.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ball-count-unit?hl=kickout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.